Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Dolomites in the summer

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to the dolomites for the first time. Don't know much about the area. Spending a long weekend in june for finishing my exams.

We are staying in Canezei.

What do you reccomend?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Revision
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just for finishing them? What do you get if you pass, three weeks on Necker Island? Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Biking.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mountain walking, climbing, via ferrata - you'll be spoilt for choice especially if you've only got a long weekend.

The via ferratas are great fun and you don't need to be a rock climber to venture onto them but you would need a harness, helmet and a via ferrata shock absorber (unless of course you absolutely know your not going to fall off!!). You should be able to hire the equipment if you need to, sorry don't know exactly where from as I have my own gear, but do make sure you know how to use it.

The traverse of the Roda di Vael is an easy introduction to via ferrata, if you're used to mountain walking and scrambling you probably wouldn't feel the need to use the protection.

A traverse of the Catinaccio d'Antermoia is a slightly harder but fantastic trip with a nicely exposed summit ridge, combined with a stay at the Rifugio Antermoia makes a great 2 or 3 day trip depending on how long you have. You will want the via ferrta protection gear for this one.

Whatever you choose to do you'll wish you had longer.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

A traverse of the Catinaccio d'Antermoia is a slightly harder but fantastic trip with a nicely exposed summit ridge, combined with a stay at the Rifugio Antermoia makes a great 2 or 3 day trip depending on how long you have. You will want the via ferrta protection gear for this one.

Or you could sit in a deck chair and admire the view, reading the sort of rubbishy novel you dream of being able to read when you're revising for exams. Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A trip over to Mt Lazuoi - probably about an hour from Canazei ? There you can explore kilometres of tunnels prepared during 4 years of fighting in the first world war.

That has to be fascinating !
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy