Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Long Weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Organising a Long weekend for a large group. Any ideas for hotels/chalets/hostels/ apartments that people have encountered. Organising it for 12 people in early Feb 09. Help????
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
croskemj, if France you need to avoid the school holidays.

As long as you do that you are reasonably likely to find somewhere.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
croskemj, I sympathise. Did one for 14 last Jan. We went with Freedom Ski to Morzine. Fantastic company, brilliant service and bloody amazing Chalet. Food was some of the best I;ve ever had and the vino was superb. Worth the cash and a quick transfer from Geneva too!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
croskemj, as David says, you will have trouble and/or expense in French school hols. Most hotels etc will be holding out for week long bookings. French hols are done in regions throughout Feb up until first weekend in March. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

throughout Feb

except for the first week, which is generally a good time to choose.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
croskemj, what country / area are you looking at, maybe this will be governed to some extent by the flights available to you ?

In my experience, the last weekend in Jan is typically the last weekend of low season, after that you might find weekend only booking more difficult to pin down.

Also what type of skiing are you after, is it a mixed ability group? Is Apres ski an important factor ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, oops, quite right, so weekend of 31 Jan/01 Feb would be ok.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
croskemj, I have an idea... this place...

http://www.sertorelli-cervinia.it/

Lovely hotel, good value, hot buffet brekky, they do short breaks and Cervinia is a great resort for a mixed group.

Fly to turin with BA or Ryanair, if the latter are still trading by then.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
croskemj, maybe a little more information on what you're looking for would help?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

if the latter are still trading by then.

red 27, is that a significant question? I'm not well informed about airline news; what's the score?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, I very much doubt (on their current profit/trading pattern) that these will fold as Silverjet etc have
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
pam w, I'm being slightly micheivous Pam, I have no real idea of RA's trading position but when I was looking for flights recently they were much more expensive than last year (reasonable of course) but worryingly also much more expensive than other airlines on comparable routes, and as they would never claim to trade on the excellence of the customer service it's tough to where they fit into the marketplace...
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Cheers for the all the replies, been on hols getting some rays rather than shredding on the mountains.

Looking for low cost for weekend of Thursday 5th Feb to Monday 9th Feb for 8 people now of mixed ability. A good blend of keeping costs down, good apres ski and some wicked mountains - not much to ask for is it???? Very Happy Flights will be whatever we can get from London area on whatever is flying at that time - Ryanair is never a preferred option for snow hols as they charge extortionate extras for kit.

Been looking at Chamonix, Kitzbuel, Courmayer, so far - as I say, always looking at more options!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy