Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski lessons in whistler

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi looking to go to Whistler next season and want to have some lessons, have had a look around and seen the Dave Murray Ski camp for 3 days has anyone used it or heard any reports on it, Thanks Simon
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dtfc1907, it gets some really good reviews. There are a few on the forum who have actually done the camp, they will probably be able to give you a better idea of what it has to offer than I can. There's not much gates or racing involved (often something that people misconceive about it), there is usually a lot a free-skiing and coaching/instruction. If I remember correctly, they essentially go out to make the best use of what is on offer - fresh snow means powder development and improvement, whereas I suspect there would be a shift towards race-type technique after a period with little snow and fast hard-packed runs.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dtfc1907,

The Murray camps are excellent: expect to be challenged.

Essentially, the philosophy is that race skills are applicable to all facets of skiing, so there will be some sessions focused on short turns and slalom gates, and GS turns and GS gates (including a timed race). However, the coaches will also get you away from the racecourse for a lot of the time (especially if there is fresh powder), and you will spend some time hurling yourself down the steep and deep that Whistler offers in abundance.

I'd also strongly recommend that you work on your fitness before going!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Didn't do a single gate in the three days that I was with them in December 2 years ago. Mainly because it was puking down, and we were too busy hooning around off piste.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I think Whistler should run a course in how to survive the nachos.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ihave done a number of DM camps and every one of them has been worthwhile.....do a search and you will find a lot of older stuff on here about them.

As said above, the perception may be that it is a race camp, because Dave Murray was a World Cup downhill skier for Canada. You may do gates, you may not. It all depends on the conditions but the emphasis will always be to make you a better all mountain skier.

It is a very sociable learning experience with very experienced and exceptionally well qualified coaches.

You need to leave your ego at the bottom of the gondola. Most of the coaches are used to dealing with National team racers and the like, so however great you might think you are the truth is you most likely wont impress them that much, if at all. However if you are prepared to learn, you will learn a lot
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Dave Murray camps are well worth it. In fact, there are a number of people (naming no names!) who do them every week throughout the season they love them so much.

Day 1 they teach you GS turns for gliding effortlessly around the mountain, day 2 they teach you short turns for use off-piste and moguls (or for people who don't like skiing at lightspeed, like me) and day 3 there is a mini race down the racecourse to show off your newly learnt skills. They do video analysis too.

Mind you, if it's really snowy, they just go looking for the great snow instead. The coaches are all good fun too, getting a really good atmosphere going amongst the campers. They are all top coaches too, so if they can't get you to ski like a pro, no one will! Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agree with the good reviews, I did one this year and it was well worthwhile.

We did a bit of gate training on day three which was probably my least favourite bit but certainly useful.

It did batter my ego a bit _and_ I broke a ski, but I can still heartily recommend it for improving the skiing and finding some great places!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Oh, and Extremely Canadian camps are also a lot of fun and challenging, whilst you're in the area!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy