Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Morzine at New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
All the quad rooms at the Diva in Tignes are gone. I can get inter connecting rooms (yay!) at Le Viking in Morzine for a decent price, how snow sure is Morzine at end of December (ignoring season before last)?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ghost Dog, Morzine isn't the best for snow reliability early on. The Viking is on top of the Pleney mountain and so skiing from there should be ok but if the snow is poor lower down then everyone heads to Avoriaz which gets very busy. Please beware that the Viking it is really cut off from the village from around 8 pm and only accessible to the village via a gondola or piste during the day if you do not have a car. There are arguably better alternatives for this time of year but I appreciate this is an expensive period.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 23-05-08 16:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks. Really wanted the Diva, but by the time I had my holidays approved all the quad room were gone. I can get the Viking 2 rooms, Edinburgh flights on 27 Dec for about £2200 all in. Are you likely to be able to beat that?

I've stayed at the Viking before, was quite impressed, good food and a swim in/out pool. Don't need apres in village with 2 young kids, a good meal and bed for me Smile

Boys trip in Jan is a different matter. I need accomodation for 8 for 4 nights from a Wednesday. Ideally an easy drive from Munich.

Bob 0131 272 8366
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Check these for indications of snow history in Morzine / Avoriaz:

http://www.igluski.com/viewsnowhistory.cfm?rid=214&from=snowreport

http://www.rideslide.co.uk/weather.html
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ghost Dog, Snow at New Year is usually good in Morzine/Avoriaz. Morzine/Avoriaz has a better snow record than many of the Tarentaise resorts. I might be a bit bias as I live there but hey we have never had a problem skiing and even the year before last we skied from mod-December until the end of April. In the 6 winters we have been here only once has the top of Pleney not had snow and this wasn't at New Year.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Morzine and other lower resorts do have the advantage that it's mostly grassy slopes, and so you only need 20-30cm to have decent piste conditions. Higher resorts need 80cm+ to cover up the rocks.

IMO, height is much more beneficial late season than early season.

Although, i cant argue with the fact that, if it simply isnt cold enough having grassy slopes doesnt help when it rains lol.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy