Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Montalbert La Plagne-SUMMER

Poster: A snowHead
OK who's out ...when? I am looking at a weekend some time late July or mid August
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
redrunmarcus, We are there Mid July and late August Laughing
and mid-October

Double click the picture and then click again for the full panoramic effect Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Thu 10-07-08 9:13; edited 5 times in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
boredsurfin, COOL Cool can you post a live webcam I have not got a clue how to do it..........................
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
redrunmarcus, We are out Aug 16th for a couple of weeks so around the august bank holiday weekend. You got any plans?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mouth, trying to fit in a weekend work-wise when I can get out poss late August as well
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
redrunmarcus, Great! We are off to South of France with Vanessa and Rosario for 4 days at end of August after our MB stay. Will be wining and dining and hiking with boredsurfin, family from Aug 16th though so if you around come join us!! Razz
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth, cheers will let you know my plans when I work them out!!!!!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mouth wrote:
...Will be wining and dining and hiking with boredsurfin, family from Aug 16th ...

Ooooh, you are a glutton for punsihment Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Surely this is what was intended?
Mouth should have wrote:
Will be whining and dining and hiking with boredsurfin, family from Aug 16th though
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ray Zorro, well someone has to do it!

Frosty the Snowman, when have you known me to whine?.......... ok yes this morning at 7am after yet another sleepless nigth with chicken pox clad junior next to me Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Mouth, not directed at you, but at the company you keep wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, You have obviously met him then?? Toofy Grin
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Fortunately not wink Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, Chickenpox.. poor love!
How's your finger? I am still in pain from my ribs so I definately did something, regrettably not one bruise or protruding deformed rib sticking out to show for it !!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, I hear we may be able to remedy that Very Happy
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, hey! Finger getting better and now having physio to regain movement as been strapped up for 5 weeks Shocked Will be ready to rock and roll on my board any day now..... Toofy Grin

You will need to watch how much you laugh with those ribs - still a few months to recover until next season eh?
snow report
Anyone know if we have been affected by the floods?
latest report
redrunmarcus, Looks OK on the webcams, Cockynorth is at the wedding this weekend...or is it next?
latest report
Next I think
ski holidays
Things are arriving for the summer season. The Archery targets and tyres for the motorbike track have appeared Toofy Grin
snow report
boredsurfin wrote:
redrunmarcus, We are there Mid July and late August Laughing
and mid-October

Is that a picture from last Winter? wink
ski holidays
Spyderman, If you click on it a couple times its a live ish webcam Laughing
snow report
The grass has been cut.

The archery targets are fixed

The golf course has been set up

The Trampolines have arrived

The mountain board run is ready Toofy Grin

and there is a big digger outside Mouth's place Cool
snow report
boredsurfin, unplanned extension ?
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, well we have heard that it is car park and drainage work going on! We shall see in a few weeks although boredsurfin, will be going before us for his first trip.
ski holidays
Montalbert opens for the Summer today, see those umbrellas outside the 50's legend bar and restaurant Toofy Grin
latest report
boredsurfin, great news and not long till we get to sit under those umbrellas eh? Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Mouth, Yep really looking forward to a whole day off at the mo! Very Happy soon be skiing in Tignes as well snowHead
If you look carefully on the cam you can see Bruno sunbathing under his sunshade by the archery Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
1ST TO 4TH August for me just booked sleazy
boredsurfin, package on the way wink
snow report
redrunmarcus, Thanks looking forward to it Very Happy
Dreadful day here with the rain yesterday, made worse by the bright sunshine and seeing those umbrellas outside the 50's legend on the Montalbert webcams Very Happy
ski holidays
boredsurfin, check out the SNOFOX.co.uk website for weather forecast!!!!!!!!!!!!!
latest report
We be ere
Drove down via Paris, got to l'arc de triomphe, stopped by the police to allow a convoy of tanks to pass by, we then drove down the champs elysee just as the bastille day parade had finished, we then drove to eiffel tower and found a parking space near paris hilton! after a wander around the tower and a few pics we walked along the seine watching the bateaux mouches. We then drove through deserted parisian streets around and equally quiet peripherique making such good time we cancelled our over night stay at Troyes and drove to Montybear to be greeted by Christophe at l'Abrevoir saying big firework display for bastille day in 30 minutes. Very Happy Very Happy pic below
snow report
montybear bastille fireworks
snow conditions
parked near here! Very Happy
snow conditions
boredsurfin wrote:
parked near here! Very Happy

What? You rolled the car? Shocked
snow report
boredsurfin, was that firework picture from yur balcony by any chance? Glad you got there early so more time to enjoy. Please say hi to Jean Luis in Sherpa and tell him we out in 4 weeks. Also big hugs to anyone we know especially C and D and V and R if you pop down the valley.

By the way all Montalbert fans who know Vanessa and Rosario - they have some very exciting news!! I met V in paris last week for her bday.
latest report
Mouth, spill the beans.........
snow conditions
redrunmarcus, ok they are engaged. V was sporting a beautiful diamond ring and plans to marry next spring. A spring wedding in France - cannot wait. Something to look forward to once the snow has melted next season.
snow report
Cool................. Laughing snowHead
snow conditions
Yesterday we went up the village chairlift and ambled gently back to the village for lunch.

On the way down we stopped around this corner at the Forperet restaurant/bar for some refreshment, absolute silence except for the cow bells.
We then went down to Aime to visit the market and buy a few odds and ends.
Aime such a pretty little town (-;

Today we went up to the La Plagne Chiaupe Glacier by lift from Bellecote.

We went into the Ice Grotto which has been extended since we visited a couple of Summers ago and is well worth the effort to visit.
Even a glacier guard dog needs sunglasses

And now I’m sitting on the terrace of l’arbevoir having a cool beer and typing this (-:

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 16-07-08 15:09; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy