Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker Duke/Baron Group Buy?

Poster: A snowHead
Any interest from sHs in trying to put together a group buy on these puppies and then talking to a friendly retailer (offers welcome wink ) about a cash up front order to be added on to their stocking order. Appreciate we might be too late to get in on the real pre order cycle but I'm guessing that might be a fair few of us interested given 1st season production runs haven't turned out to be a crock of doo-doo.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll do my part. Little Angel I'll find out closing date for pre order on thursday.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi fatbob, not too sure how much you would save ordering this way, but, having just bought a pair and was amazed at their price in the UK. For example ski-bilek has them for €349 plus delivery, so that's roughly £300 delivered. However, I managed to get a pair from Ellis Brigham in the UK for £240!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I just bought a pair of Dukes for £225 from Activity Sports in Sandown. I was also surprised to find thenest price in the UK.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
put it this way, the TGR group buy still looks an awesome deal
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
How much is TGR getting it for?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar, the deal was sorted out about this time last year so it may well have been a once only thing - I think Marker were aware of it and were reasonably happy with it on the basis that it was getting a new product out to a very wide audience. i don't know whether it will be repeated, although the guy who organised it (ptex1 he is called - runs a ski shop) was taking pre-orders for Marker/Volkl stuff a little while back

anyway, we all agreed not to publicise the price - I think as much to ptex1/marker didn't get grief from other shops as anything else. fair play to him though. he sold a LOT of bindings and we paid up front so it was riskless for him. he didn't make anything like the margin he would have made from normal retail sales but it was all guaranteed money
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rob@rar, are you using dukes with the vist speedlock plate?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, Yep eyeing up this year's TGR buy - just thought it might be a possibility to organise something our side of the pond - maybe not if the target market has already bought their gear. Agree that whatever price TGR get will be hard to beat with Euro v $ exchange rates at the moment.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Wed 21-05-08 17:42; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skimottaret wrote:
rob@rar, are you using dukes with the vist speedlock plate?

No, they've been flat mounted onto a pair of High Society Freerides. Speedlock plates are on my Vist GS and SL Pro skis (sharing one pair of bindings).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rob@rar, how big is the quiver these days?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Frosty the Snowman, too big Embarassed Eight or nine pairs, but I will be selling at least four pairs next season. In my defence some of those skis were given to me and all the rest are either secondhand, ex-demo or were bargain-basement prices (for top quality kit). Not that I feel the need to defend the size of my quiver, of course...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, Shocked I dont own that many pairs of socks wink
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Frosty the Snowman, it's quite tricky to wash skis in a washing machine though.
latest report
i like the nonchalant "8 or 9" pairs comment. i have 2 and am getting serious grief for buying a 3rd pair. That is a good definition of a serious quiver when you don't even know how many you have Toofy Grin
snow conditions
skimottaret, it depends on whether you want to count a pair of rock skis, another old pair that I think I might have in the loft and (whisper it) a pair of blades Wink If you do allow those three it's up to eleven pairs altogether. It's not a particularly good quiver (e.g., 4 pairs of slalom skis and 2 pairs of GS skis but nothing fatter than 92mm) and needs pruning. These are the ones I use mostly.
snow report
how on earth do you decide what to ski on when you wake up Rob Smile
snow conditions
kitenski wrote:
how on earth do you decide what to ski on when you wake up Rob Smile

It's a real challenge! I will sometimes switch at lunchtime, but what I really would like is a personal valet to carry another couple of pairs around for me so I can decide at the top of each run which pair to use Wink
snow report
rob@rar, so its double digits!! now we are really talking a QUIVER Laughing

just curious what will you be keeping as your new ideal "minimalistic" quiver...
snow conditions
fatbob, I'd probably take a pair of Barons - want to mount them on some 1080s with knackered 912s on them.
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
just curious what will you be keeping as your new ideal "minimalistic" quiver...

A pair of slalom (Vist SL Pro), a pair of GS (Vist GS, sharing bindings with the SLs), a mid-fat for off piste (High Society FR, with Duke touring bindings), and an all-purpose pair (Elan Magfire 12). Once I've decided what my second discipline will be for BASI I'll either have a telemark setup or buy a board. I'll also have a slalom pair for use in the UK (Elan SLX Pro). Everything else will have to go...
snow report
rob@rar, sounds like a very nice quiver... the karmas not as nice as the high societies??
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
the karmas not as nice as the high societies??

Not a huge difference IMO. The High Societys were a very good price, and as I wanted to fit the Dukes I thought that I would have more luck selling the Karmas complete with bindings rather than just having a pair of unwanted bindings kicking around. If I hadn't wanted (occasional) touring bindings I would have been happy to keep the Karmas as I'm happy on them off-piste.
snow report
rob@rar, sounds fair enough my karmas are 177's and i recon a bit too short for off piste.. i am thinking of HS's, movements or Stormrider XL's for off piste.. but may keep em and get some GS skis Toofy Grin
ski holidays
skimottaret wrote:
rob@rar, sounds fair enough my karmas are 177's and i recon a bit too short for off piste

Mine are also 177. The only problem I have with them is that they are too soft (torsionally as well as longitudinally) for skiing quickly when on piste. I think the Karmas from the previous season had an extra titanial plate to stiffen them, but in the season I bought them the plate was removed to soften the ski. A mistake from my point of view. I'm not sure that the HSFR will be any stiffer, so I'll just have to live with compromised on-piste performance.
snow conditions
not sure what year mine are (got em cheap on ebay) but they are pretty stiff torsionally and okay off piste, i just hate the twin tips for both getting on bubble cars and the possible hassle of crossing tails when i finally get around to doing some tele skiing..
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy