Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family trip to La Tania

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Am about to book a family week here next March and would value any comments - skiing range near beginner to expert.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skilegs, La tania has one of the best unofficial websites at www.latania.co.uk.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Took the family there a couple of years ago, thought it was good. All of the 3V to play in too. Decent nursery slope in resort, home runs not the easiest but apparently have been "improved" since my visit. You could do a lot worse skilegs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skilegs, Been there for the past 3 years and thoroughly recomend it.

There's a green run that snakes back down which was new the first time we went but the blue run back is one of the nicest descents I've been on.

The children (11-16) loved the freedom they had, the resort is enclosed and all the bars etc look out on it. They can sledge and snowball to their hearts content whilst you chill with a beer.

Have fun Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
go for it, just about to return for my 4th or 5th trip with the family! Always had good snow right up to closing week, and the blue down to La Tania has always lasted Smile
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skilegs, We were there in January this year and really liked it - 'we' range from two children in the 3rd ski year (1st out of ski school) up to 28 years plus skiing (but a bit of nancy - me) and all levels in between. The kids loved it as they could go to 'the very top' in the gondola and then a chair, and ski down on blues and greens (also possible on red/black), and the rest of us had great skiing in excellent conditions, efficient lift system etc. The village centre is very compact but has bars, cafes etc., and as martyngb, says, we could have a happy hour drink whilst the boys sledged themselves into exhaustion - would definitely go again and recommend to all types of groups (except perhaps those looking for wild nightlife - there may well be some, but we didn't see it)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks so much everyone - have just booked.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
skilegs, well done - sure you'll love it! Where are you staying out of interest? Puzzled
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chalet Juba owned by Nickskithreevalleys.com Need good female preferably private instructor for my 7 year old granddaughter who has skied one week - any ideas?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skilegs, Sorry, not from experience, as our boys were in their first non-ski school hoiday. However, have heard good things about Magic in Motion - try them for info or I'm sure your chalet owner would have some recommendations snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skilegs wrote:
Chalet Juba owned by Nickskithreevalleys.com Need good female preferably private instructor for my 7 year old granddaughter who has skied one week - any ideas?

I would recommend Patsy Duncan at Ski Excel in that case - she works out of La Tania in partnership with her OH, I believe, and I think she's keen on teaching children IIRC

http://www.skiexcel.com/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Skilegs - I would imagine Nick at Chalet Juba will be able to recommend an instructor. La Tania is excellent for family holidays.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Magic in Motion is a great school, I'd recommend them.
The blue down to the resort is great especially early on before there is too much traffic on it, the green was a little narrow when I was there in 2006, but I understand they have widened it now.
I loved La Tania, its close enough to the hot spots to make them do-able by taxi if you are desperate. Otherwise just enjoy the local bars which are generally pretty civilised. For a family it was pretty much perfect. Hope you have a great time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy