Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Glen Coe Mountain Resort Resort Report Feedback Thread

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is a feedback thread for what...snow's resort report:

Glen Coe Mountain Resort (2008)

Feel free to add, comment, or write your own report...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I like this photo of Fly Paper (click on No.3)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball wrote:
I like this photo of Fly Paper (click on No.3)

That is a really nice pic Smile although the skier isn't on the steepest part of the run there. Here's one I took a month ago from about 100m above the skiers position but looking in the opposite direction.

http://www.winterhighland.info/pix/displayimage.php?photo_id=8210
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
^ wicked, I really need to get back there next season, this season was the first time I'd been there and it was fantastic! snowHead

Mind you there's still a surprising amount of snow there even now judging from the web cams Shocked Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a bit of an update (August 2019). Glencoe feels like it is currently going through a ‘golden age’. This is due to the competence of its management, a run of mostly good seasons and loyal support partly boosted by the decline of Cairngorm.

A new (to Glencoe) triple seat chairlift is being constructed across the plateau this summer. This may enable earlier skiing (before New year) on the grassier lower slopes and should reduce queuing, perhaps considerably on good days. It may however not be complete for the 2019/20 season. ‘New’ runs have been fenced across the plateau eg. Rankins return.

A lot of ski lift restoration work has taken place since 2008 and all the lifts are now more reliable. All of the snow fencing has been replaced and some of the lower pistes have been regraded. The beginners area next to the Rannoch button (new) and the sledging area next to the plateau café also now benefit from a snow factory which should improve cover early in the season.

Glencoe now has microlodges on site to stay in and popular hookups for campers or caravans. You can also camp or sleep in your car/van in the car park during the ski season, and many do. This makes last minute Friday night trips from northern England very easy (you can turn up in the small hours).

Top to bottom skiing and off piste remains outstanding in good conditions. The café in the car park is even better than it was Good honest food, drink, great craic and superb views of Buachaille Etive Mor framed in the panoramic window.

The Kingshouse which is only about a mile away, has been completely rebuilt as a state of the art hotel. A modern bunkhouse is also available. Further down the road is the legendary Clachaig Inn, often with live music at the weekend.

Piste bashing is better than it was. Glencoe now has three piste machines including two new PB600s, one of which is fitted with a winch and is used in the top basin.

It remains the friendliest place I’ve ever skied. snowHead Meet you mates for a weekend or make some new ones ! Every time I go I seem to meet cool people. Apres in the cafe and then impromptu firelit parties in the car park can be great fun. The views across Rannoch Moor from the ski runs remain awe inspiring. The skiing at Glencoe is sometimes at its best late into April or even early May, long after many other resorts have closed. Cool

Winterhighland.com remains the definitive source of information about Scottish skiing.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Peter S, totally agree.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Agree with all of above.
Glencoe have rightly installed themselves as the #1 ski area in Scotland over last few years.
Loads of investment on the mountain, the new track up to the top of the access chair will be an excellent long easy route back to base when snow conditions permit, I'm sure further snow making is on the agenda for that at some stage as well Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
More accommodation, if a little basic for many, is available at Blackrock Cottage just off the access road:

https://www.ladiesscottishclimbingclub.org/huts/blackrock-cottage/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy