Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

BASI Level 1 - I passed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
VolklAttivaS5, did anyone fail?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
beanie1, yes, 2 out of the 9 of us failed on the technical element.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
VolklAttivaS5, well done.. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skimottaret, thanks.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi VolklAttivaS5, - just got back from a (non-skiing) holiday (which I won in a competition - I wouldn't PAY for a non-skiing holiday!) and congratulations on passing! It looked like you would do so from the way you ski Wink

Either two or three of our group also failed on the technical element (out of 10). Nice to meet you while I was shadowing. Glad it was at lunchtime because after two hours with 10 hyperactive pre-teenage kids in the afternoon, all I wanted to do was sleep. I spent much of the time trying to re-unite children with their skis, and the rest of the time snowploughing backwards in front of hysterical girls screaming "I can't do it, Miss" while they were actually doing nice controlled snowplough turns just fine. Something, no doubt, I'll have to get used to.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
docsquid, thanks very much! That's nice of you to say that about my skiing. Very Happy

It's surprising how tiring the L1 course was actually, at the B&B I stayed in every night I was asleep in bed at 9pm out like a light and up at 7.30am. The bed was ever so comfortable though so that helps! It wasn't really physically tiring, but mentally I was zonked.

I have just come back from Gloucester Ski Slope where I did my first lot of shadowing hours today and found skiing to be a very small world. Saw a BASI instructor there who works with Stewart Woodward doing his First Aid refresher who I had met in Val D'Isere in April! Very strange that was. Very Happy

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Mon 23-06-08 10:34; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
VolklAttivaS5, skiing is indeed a VERY small world...
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy