Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Combination board and ski bag.

Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know if you can buy such a thing?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Dakine used to do one - I've one in the garage that you can have cheap if you like - it's been used and has gaffer tape here and there, but that just make you look like you've been places and done things Smile Will take one board and one pair of skis with bindings mounted
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jumping Jack Flash, EB do a double ski bag that'll take skis board, both pairs of boots and will cost you a fortune in excess baggage charges Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Masque, Really? I hadn't thought of that.

Isn't the charge the same as an excess charge for a ski bag?

nbt, Thanks for that. I might take you up on the offer. I'm going to look into this charge thing first. As if we don't pay enough on the excess charges already.

Bloody Stellios!!!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumping Jack Flash, I've seen quite a few but they tend to only be max 180cm long, not much good if your skis are 185 ! If your skis are 180 or less (I actually used to squeeze some 181's in) then I'll try and dig out some links for you ...

Lay the skis down flat with bindings tied up (side by side), then put the board in binding side down on top, then fill the voids with board boots and other gear
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jumping Jack Flash, yes, but you pay bog all for the actual flight ticket. Stop whining.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Jumping Jack Flash, how long are your skis?, if shortish just get a 175 board bag and put your skis in it too
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I'm going to look into this charge thing first

Easyjet £15 each way for ski bag max weight 32kg, regardless of whether you have a normal 'hold' bag for £4 each way with 20kg limit. So basically for £38 you can take 52kg inc ski bag (and bring it back!), plus 10kg or so in your hand luggage.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
masmith, £16.50 now for ski bag???? and max weight is 12 kg I think, plus 20 kg hold allowance even if you do not pay the £4 for each hold bag

just checked

easyjet -

Each passenger is allowed a maximum combined hold baggage weight of 50kg including any sports equipment, subject to available space. The maximum weight for any single piece of baggage is 32kg.

Bicycles (1), golf equipment, and skis, surfboards, wind surfers, hang gliders, and firearms (2)

An additional non-refundable fee is charged per item per flight for the carriage of the above items as set out in our carrier’s regulations.

Payment of the additional fee increases your checked-in hold baggage allowance (including additional item) to a maximum weight of 32kg.

Where your total checked-in hold baggage weighs more than 32kgs, normal excess baggage charges as set out in our carrier’s regulations shall apply in addition to the above fee.

....... 32 kg is a health and safety thing and they will not let you have a bag heavier than this, 50 kg is the max they will let you take irrespective of what you want to take, 32 kg is your max allowance (12kg for skis and 20 kg hold allowance which is charged at £4 per bag, so even if you do not have a hold bag you still have your 20 kg allowance) and you will be charged excess baggage if you exceed this.

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Tue 13-05-08 15:45; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops,

Correct and not a gramme over, when are people going to realise that "proper" airlines can work out cheaper and before anyone get's there first, "that's if they do not lose it".
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rayscoops, £16.50 for a ski bag now ... doh ! Thanks for correcting me on the rest of my blurb.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
masmith, about six easyjet return flights last season for me Shocked with a snowboard bag rammed full of stuff so I have a bit of experience there snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rayscoops, think I was thinking of BA
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Just to confirm, with 1 big ski/board bag containing everything (between 20kg and 32kg) you just pay the sports equipment charge, not the £4 hold bag + sports equipment charge?

If so then that's the way forwards for me, skis, boots and normal 'suitcase' stuff in the 1 big wheelie bag and max out the space in my rucksack (hand luggage) too. Normally I'd have a hold bag, ski bag and small hand luggage too but the less bags to shift aroudn the better.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
FenlandSkier, yes that is right, you regularly see snowboarders with a wheelie bag stuffed to the 32 kg limit but with no other check in luggage. I can stuff my board bag (not wheelie bag) to about £18 kg and with a hand luggage ruck sack can quite easily squeeze a 4 or 5 day trip out of it.
snow report
Back to the original question, there's one here: http://www.amazon.com/Swix-Freeride-Roller-Ski-Board/dp/B001690S74?tag=amz07b-21
ski holidays
rayscoops wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, how long are your skis?, if shortish just get a 175 board bag and put your skis in it too
They're 180's, so should be alright.
ski holidays
185 Da Kine Low Roller - on the button at 32kg with a board, a couple of pairs of skis & boots * 2
ski holidays
I don't think I'd bother putting my main "suitcase" stuff in my ski bag all the same to save £4 each way, despite being a frequent flyer myself. Someone told me at BHX that if they're gonna not put any bags on the plane it'll be the skis/boards rather than the main bags/suitcases. Don't know if that's true but if it is then you could be left with no clothes pants or anything stuffing it all in the one bag if it gets left behind/lost.

But as I say, I don't know if that is true or not. Alas it's a risk we take with plane travel.
snow report
Besides I'd never get all my stuff and skis and boots all in the one bag.
snow report
VolklAttivaS5, it's definitely true that if anything gets left behind it's skis and boards. Makes sense - it's easier to rent equipment in resort than underwear and toothbrushes.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy