Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Boot advice

Poster: A snowHead
I tried on a pair of Salomon F24's the other day (size 26h) they were tight (toes at the end) but I thought this was OK as with a bit of wear they will be snug and the closer fit the less heel lift will come into play. The only problem I really had was that the tongue pressed down on the top of my foot just before my toes (or where Jesus would have had his nails put in!). The guy in S+R said this would be OK but I couldn't help thinking it would lead to pain after an hour or so.

I'm an English size 8.

Does anyone have a viiew on this?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I've recently bought boots, and tried both S&R and NevisSport. Eventually opted for a pair of Salomon Mouri's in size 8.

I kept a pair of F20's for a couple of weeks before returning them. I had pressure points on the top of my foot.

The fit you describe seems to be correct. When you bend down into boarding position, your toes should come away from the end (when standing they should touch the end, but not hurt).

Take them home and wear them around the house, S&R won't mind (they encouraged me to). If there are any pressure points after an hour, then they are probably not right for you. I was disappointed that the F20's were not comfortable for me, but the Mouri's seem to be made for me!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jumping Jack Flash, Everyone I know has ended up buying a boot a size bigger than their actual shoe size. I bought a pair where my toes just touched the end & were snug (in my normal size) as I suffered from heal lift and thought it would help. Did the walking round the house thing, they felt like slippers! But once I wore them boarding they crippled me to the point of tears, so I sold them and bought a new pair the next season.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
i just came back from a week in Tignes with my new boots.

After the first day, i was ready to throw them away!! My toes were killing and i couldnt walk!

Tried them again the second day, and for the rest of the week, they felt like the slippers i had at home! I don't know why!

I agree with DDS above, boarding in your new boots won't be same as walking around the house, and you probably won't know until you hit the slopes whether they are the right boot for you, but what can you do?!

I've actually bought a size smaller than my regular shoe size, and this will apply to other people too. I guess it depends on the manufacturer of the boot, i know Salomon's can come up a little short.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
where Jesus would have had his nails put in

Woulda been through the ankle, rather than just above the toes. Most religious art depicts nails though the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, but this simply isn't practical as this setup wouldn't support the body's weight long enough for successful crucifixion.
</random>
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shallimus, slow afternoon?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shallimus, I'm slightly glad you're moving to Canada.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm never too busy to share random facts Happy

Swirly, please note that I don't condone such violent practices...
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shallimus, The fact you have thought about it is scary enough Shocked
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
The heat moulding process should put an end to this.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
SMALLZOOKEEPER, don't come in here with your sensible bootfitter advice !! We want random, unsuitable advice, preferably with a religous slant wink
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DebbiDoesSnow, If we're all the childern of God, what's so special about Jesus anyway?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I never touted the sandaled one, nor did I say any of it was special. I'm an atheist
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shallimus, did they not also tie the hands and feet to the cross too, for extra support.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, Seriously, whilst at EOSB myself and NigelB (one of the boarders) went looking for new board boots in the sales, and he tried a pair of UK size 10 (size of feet obviously) but thought them too tight and said they were really crushing his toes, I tried them (I am UK size 9) and they were crushing my toes too even when in a bent knee riding stance Shocked Seems the sizes were a bit off or something was not right. Any thoughts ?

He ended up getting UK size 11 which were also a bit tight but the heat moulding did the trick, although he did have some discomfort which I think was more to do with the boots being thicker than his old ones causing the high back (un adjusted for that day) to dig a bit in to his calves.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Shallimus wrote:
Quote:
where Jesus would have had his nails put in

Woulda been through the ankle, rather than just above the toes. Most religious art depicts nails though the palms of the hands and the soles of the feet, but this simply isn't practical as this setup wouldn't support the body's weight long enough for successful crucifixion.
</random>
I was aware of that fact but for the purpose of people understanding the part of the foot I was trying to describe I thought it was the best way to do it. He was also crucified through the wrists, not the hands, for the same reason.

I'll bet it didn't hurt as much as the boots I tried on though!!!
snow report
If it helps, I normally wear UK 11 shoes, but my 30.5 (12 equivalent) Northwave Decades fit me really well, and a size 11 would definitely have been toe-crushingly small.
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER wrote:
The heat moulding process should put an end to this.

The F24's have a Fusion system which moulds itself to your foot (they say). This sounds like bollox to me but there you go. I prefer to have them moulded there and then but this isn't an option with these boots.
snow conditions
Shallimus wrote:
If it helps, I normally wear UK 11 shoes, but my 30.5 (12 equivalent) Northwave Decades fit me really well, and a size 11 would definitely have been toe-crushingly small.
How much heel lift do you get in them?
ski holidays
Jumping Jack Flash, All liners can be moulded. Little Angel
snow conditions
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
Shallimus wrote:
How much heel lift do you get in them?

If I get any, it's never bothered me; certainly under 0.5cm. I think the Decade has an excellent heel retention system (they call it 360 something-or-other) so your mileage with other boots may vary.
snow report
Hey guys I bought "Thirtytwo Lashed boots" last week. I found this boots online and I really love it. This softboot is easy to lace, lightweight and form-fitting, the Lashed is made for the rider who wants a lace-up-and-go-ride boot. Whether it's the backcountry or the park, this boot can handle whatever you've got. It is only $124.95. I'm so really excited to ride!!!
snow conditions
Spam finally infiltrated the board section Laughing
ski holidays
Debbi - "on a video shoot"? You with Absinthe, Standard, or who? Neh Neh
snow report

http://youtube.com/v/MzVGFGUzNms
snow report
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Spam finally infiltrated the board section Laughing
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
Shallimus, doesn't take much to confuse me but eh ???
I get the location part but " You with Absinthe, Standard, or who?" has me stumped snowHead

Swirly, I cannot look at that ! what is that link ?
snow conditions
DebbiDoesSnow, they filming a new Sainsbury's ad then. Have you seen Jamie Oliver yet? Link was just a song about spam.
snow conditions
Swirly, now that would bring some necessary excitement to this dull friday. But no, i got cussed by pedants because my location was incorrect by some laws of english, so I thought i would go the smut route instead.... hint is in the name snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DebbiDoesSnow wrote:
Shallimus, doesn't take much to confuse me but eh ???
I get the location part but " You with Absinthe, Standard, or who?" has me stumped snowHead

Or MDP?

myfreestyle_08 wrote:
Hey guys I bought these shoite "Thirtytwo Lashed boots" last week

Wow, you wouldn't happen to know where I could get them do you?
snow report
Just try this one dude http://www.abc-of-snowboarding.com/shopitems/snowboard-boots/lashed-mens-snowboard-boot.asp. I found it in that site. I really love it.But before you buy boots you can review their articles to get some information about gadgets and equipments.
latest report
New Zealand - A sarcasm free country.
ski holidays
You do realise that snowboarding.com is not a 'proper' snowboarding site. It earns money by cramning it's pages with snowboarding terms so people doing a gogogle search land on their website. All they want you to do is click on one of their Google ad words links so they earn a commission. This site only exists so it can earn money from the click thrus it generates so if I were you I would take everything they say with a BIG pinch of salty!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy