Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stunning ski photography thread.

Poster: A snowHead
Hurtle, making me grumpy!

I can't work out who jacksonholerider is on TGR, I have my suspicion. Photos for me tell a story of what is being documented, as well as the person behind the lens. If I wanted stoke for stoke's sake I can look at a magazine (online or otherwise). On a web forum I prefer the 'realness' factor of 'real users' photographs of an otherwise virtual community.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
parlor, I agree. For me they are just some same-old ski related stock photos.
Can't see the point in posting unless you took them or we know the subject <yawn>
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
parlor, again, I agree. Do hope the foot gets better soon. Did you have to resort to antibiotics, as well as topical stuff?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmmmm Ripzalot is most definitely NOT Horizon Laughing

Ripzalot is an American, living in Switzerland, and he has his own blog, which is always worth a look. I know of one SH who knows him personally.

http://ripzalot.blogspot.com/
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I suppose it is the 'stunning ski photography thread' and not the 'stunning ski photography that i have taken' thread.

i do like it when someone posts their own photos of theirn own trip though, seems more real and I think mmmm... maybe i can do that, rather than mmmmm..... nice pic of a pro Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops, start one then wink Actually we could do with another "stoke" thread for the summer (or just resurrect the last one) I managed a couple of ok snaps this season.

I agree with parlor et al.. Excellent photos but they don't have the same personality that those in trip reports or featuring other snowHead snowHead seem to have.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Swirly, i do not have any good pics that are even up to the standard of Parlor's worst one Sad , even if he had a worst one Laughing
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
So then don't click on the link, haters.
it's ultimately up to you what you look at, or find trite.
On that note,
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If we're just rippin photo's from other talented sources, you'll do well to find better than this.
http://www.patriklindqvist.com/index1.html
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
SMALLZOOKEEPER, great link - thanks for that.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Personally I like this thread and don't particularly care about the cross posting of stoke from TGR as there are sufficient shs who don't or can't read it (due to bad spellingz'n' grammerz, in jokes and gnarr level).

Makes me realise I don't spent enough time setting up and taking decent photos though.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I love to see these photos, so please keep posting them, but i would have thought that crediting the picture taker might be a nice idea Puzzled
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
jacksonholerider wrote:
So then don't click on the link, haters.
it's ultimately up to you what you look at, or find trite.
On that note,

Er, that's not a link.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.

Canada (near Stewart and the Alaskan border). That's me, by the way.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowball, WOW. Did you feel as small as you looked? That's scenery of exceptional grandeur, for sure.
ski holidays
Markus wrote:
I love to see these photos, so please keep posting them, but i would have thought that crediting the picture taker might be a nice idea Puzzled

The problem is that these photos are posted up in so many random threads, it's impossible to keep track of who shot what.
I think it's only really a problem if I pretended to have taken them. For the most part, anyone who posts anything on TGR knows that it is essentially fair game to post anywhere else. It's a TGR culture thing.
snow report
Er, that's not a link.[/quote]
I meant clicking on this thread, which is a link.
snow conditions
jacksonholerider, I bet you dont even know who Victor Meldrew is, but dont worry, keep the stoke coming.
snow conditions
My Telly doesn't get BBC, no matter how high the antenna.
Ironically, I live in Victor, Idaho.
We are all winners!
snow conditions
jacksonholerider, small town life. There were twice as many people at my school than there is in Victor! Jeez.
ski holidays
Yeah, there is only one stop light.
And it just blinks yellow.

However, this is our view.

Here is a livetime web-cam:

Balloon Festival, 4th of July:

Our version of walking the dog:

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Fri 16-05-08 20:03; edited 3 times in total
ski holidays
jacksonholerider, so jealous.
snow report
jacksonholerider wrote:
The problem is that these photos are posted up in so many random threads, it's impossible to keep track of who shot what.
I think it's only really a problem if I pretended to have taken them. For the most part, anyone who posts anything on TGR knows that it is essentially fair game to post anywhere else. It's a TGR culture thing.

Ask LeeLau if he feels the same way. Actually I suggest that lots of mags would kick off if they knew that there photos were being banded around the internet. If you can't be bothered to credit the photographer I don't think you should be X-linking them.
snow report
I know Lee, and I don't think he would really care one way or another...He's Canadian. They are all mellow...
(you can always look up the source host, anyway, and people who actually care use a watermark, as does Lee).

I am guessing you are a bit of a luddite...
latest report
jacksonholerider, Think you might be forgetting that Lee had a run in with a British freebie ski/action sports mag over some mountain bike shots they used without his permission.
snow report
Oh, I remember.
But they were a 'for profit' publication, and not simple cross posting of stoke.
latest report
Can I refer you to the following...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=765293#765293

As the pictures are hotlinked from another site, and the poster doesn't appear to own copyright, I've changed some of them to links. Apologies if I've changed to links any that are "originals".....feel free to repost them smaller! A photo that gives a horizontal scroll bar on a wide screen monitor, is too big!
snow report
Heres my only stoke. Finally got round to working out how to post photos Cool Cool

snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Rossfra8, Great! Definitely worth the wait/effort! Toofy Grin
latest report
Also got to credit my buddy Alex for the photo and thank Sony/My mum for the digi cam (which i got for xmas). Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy