Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do we attract newcomers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Shouldn't this thread be on Suggestions / Requests.

I realise that on all bbs type forums, there is always one forum area thich seems to dominate all others.

I'm not complaining as such, it's just that the other forum areas could do with a bit of input and to address threads to the correct form area would allow all the forum area to expand at a similar rate rather than having a single area with hundreds of threads not all relevant to that specific area and others with one or 2 threads which no one wants to post in because it dosn't look like anyone uses them. Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mick newby, you weren't the "person concerned" that I was talking about. I didn't mean to imply that you were the actual poster - just that from the content of the messages, I got the impression that whoever had posted (in your name) was a little bit merry. That combined with the fact it was Friday night, I'd guessed a little trip to the pub was involved somewhere.

The reason I didn't want to mention names was that as you say, nobody really knew who ultimately posted what messages. I have my own suspicions who wrote the message, but that's all they are - my suspicions.

Anyway, all this is seriously off-topic. This thread is supposed to be about attracting new members, and dragging up old stories off the SCGB forum is the quickest way to alienate new members who don't know what we're talking about! (sorry, I know I brought it up in the first place - I'll know when to keep schtum in future!!)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for clearing that up for me, much appreciate.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shanky and Pete, I stand correct, see why place like this are important to me?
I always learn something.
Now, my "d" in avoirdupoid comes from "my" French (for a N.Italian is not so difficult to learn and so, many foreigner words are easily took for French especially when writing without proofreading)...it seems accepted to some extent as correct, even though avoirdupoi is the correct version (althought a quick google seach gave both results...in Canada no less. This doesn't prove a thing, it simply tells that many other add d to the name)...

To stay on topic, I wouldn't worry too much how to attract people here.
If the place is good as it promises to be, people will come here from everywhere
without too much of an effort on the site side.
Also, many skiers do post everywhere, here, at Epicski, at Powdermag (althought many from there have emigrated to TGR) and so on. We're all crossposters to one extent or other!
Cheers
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Matteo. You are living proof that there isn't too much to worry about and that we will soon have all the rich variety we enjoyed in our previous existence!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Matteo wrote:
Shanky and Pete, I stand correct, see why place like this are important to me?
I always learn something.
Now, my "d" in avoirdupoid comes from "my" French (for a N.Italian is not so difficult to learn and so, many foreigner words are easily took for French especially when writing without proofreading)...it seems accepted to some extent as correct, even though avoirdupoi is the correct version (althought a quick google seach gave both results...in Canada no less. This doesn't prove a thing, it simply tells that many other add d to the name)...

And it's search useful stuff too Very Happy
Going on the standard of my French, I can't really complain!

However, for fun(?), a quick Google test:

avoirdupoid : 6 results
avoirdupois : "about 26,000"
avoirdupoi : 34 results including some "avoirdupoi(d)s" and "avoirdupoi s"

Erm, I'm a tad bored at work today. Smile

Anyway, it's good we all found this place - I'm another who found it via Google (I think. I think I did a search on Laax and forum). Matteo's right, people will find this place naturally and via word of mouth/keyboard. In my experience that's by far the best way of a community growing - everyone's welcome, but you need to want to go.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If I remember at the weekend I'll modify the most popular ski shop site in Northern Ireland to include a link to here. (and I'm not talking about Macski snowHead )
(well, it's the most popular for me)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy