Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This is what are scene is like here this week. Piste? What's that?

Poster: A snowHead
Two of my friends, with great shots of our playground.
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122439
This winter has been RE-DIC-U-LOUS.
These shots are from last week: (You MUST open the link, MUCH more inside)

Lifts? Those are for punters:

I should be hitting one of those peaks this weekend, I'll think of you!

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 8-05-08 21:00; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Looks like a shallower snowpack than Chamonix wink

Seriously I think the hardcore French nutcase tourers will be going all summer this year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As will the same lot here, no doubt!

(OOPS, sorry about the spelling error!)
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
jacksonholerider, you have no idea about just now much bad Karma you're storing up here . . . guard your loins well, a contract has been issued and the snowHead that returns successful from their mission to harvest your gonads will receive the title Snowballer and a lifetime subscription to 'Beauty Therapist, the waxing edition' . . .

You can slide....................... but you can't hide Evil or Very Mad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You fail to grasp one point:
I don't actually WANT to be skiing right now.
I want to be MT. BIKING.
BADLY.
Ahh...Fall:
[img]http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7ce05b3127ccebf4e406e39c200000026108QbNWTVqzc-[/img]

To be honest, I would rather be supping white wine on some hotties deck in London!

(The weather here is actually quite miserable, honestly)

Ah, well, I guess I must buck up and soldier on...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
OK, it's beautiful weather here, the roses and clematis are out, I can sunbathe in my back garden. I REFUSE to be jealous....... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hurtle, naked?

jacksonholerider, you lay like a rug . . . isn't pedantry a bummer Confused
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, my neighbours have done nothing to deserve such treatment! Shocked Remember, I do live in central London, so outdoor privacy is at something of a premium.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I am seriously jealous.

Something I've noticed is that all pics when they are put on Snowheads suddenly look more washed out (in colour and tone) - compared even to Snowheads Media. Not sure why.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
jacksonholerider, I saw those pictures and swore at you for 10 minutes without repeating myself once

Masque, I may have a go at caliming that prize
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Boris, Get in line I am currently on the way to the airport to hunt him down! I have pm him to ask about property and will use this to get close to him before removing is family jewels with a rusty and blunt penknife covered in fire ants Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

jacksonholerider, Why would you want to be on a bike when the mountains look like that? They are amazing photos but Just so you know I am going biking around the rolling hills of the Wicklow mountains this weeken with the smell of FIR tress and Heather in the air Revenge
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ordhan, Wicklow? Aaaah brings back lots of memories of orienteering & hiking, I can just smell the forests......... Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ordhan wrote:
Boris, Get in line I am currently on the way to the airport to hunt him down! I have pm him to ask about property and will use this to get close to him before removing is family jewels with a rusty and blunt penknife covered in fire ants Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

jacksonholerider, Why would you want to be on a bike when the mountains look like that? They are amazing photos but Just so you know I am going biking around the rolling hills of the Wicklow mountains this weeken with the smell of FIR tress and Heather in the air Revenge

Well. there really is only about 1-1/2 hrs of 'good' snow, so you better be at the right place, at the right time...otherwise it is boilerplate, or slop.
At least on the bike, if the trails are dry, the trail is good...all day.

Oh, and there is this:

Last edited by So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much on Sat 10-05-08 8:22; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
EVERYONE, if we all concentrate hard on willing his bike seat to fall off before he lands that . . . we not only fulfill out deepest desire AND we prove that ESP is not pure bollux . . . Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Masque, perhaps he will then be kown as Jackson the Holerider ?

jacksonholerider, nice photos mate, please keep posting, its keeping most of us going here !
snow report
I'll keep posting just to unhinge Masque...deal?
snow conditions
jacksonholerider wrote:

That ship has already sailed.
ski holidays
rob@rar, Laughing Laughing Laughing
jacksonholerider, Blush
latest report
rob@rar wrote:
jacksonholerider wrote:

Laughing Laughing
snow report
Sorry the biking pix look fake...
snow report
abc wrote:
I wondered that. It's a gorgeous photo, though.
ski holidays
abc wrote:
Mmmh. I wondered about that. Where is he coming from, and more importantly is he going to make it to the other side? I don't think so Shocked
latest report
Not fake at all...This is our local DH/Jump trail on Teton Pass, called the Parallel Trail. (google it).
Along with Lithium, Jimmy's Mom, Crater Lake, etc. And yes, I helped build the b!tch.

More:
Here is the run-in and take-off:

Another mid-flight angle:

Landing (and takeoff, too...just follow the orange flagging for perspective):

itty bitty jump:

Rock-hopping:

Stump-jumping:

More if you want em!
These trails are 8 miles (and ten feet of snow!) from my house...can't wait for summer!

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Sat 10-05-08 6:39; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
jacksonholerider, Shocked Shocked How many fatalities per season?
snow report
Zero so far.
(knocks on head)

Plenty of injuries, tho'.
No one sues on trails like these, because they know they will end up even MORE hurt.
Seriously.
This is NOT an activity for your average Yank.
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:

A voyage of wonder and discovery Toofy Grin Some have yet to discover they're not even holding a paddle Madeye-Smiley
latest report
Masque, Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy