Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next year's ski hols booked - Yee har!

Poster: A snowHead
The Family Snowplough's winter tour is now booked - Courchevel for the first week in Feb with Ski Esprit.

Only two summer hols and Christmas to endure before the excitement begins! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Flying Snowplough,
Quote:

Only two summer hols and Christmas to endure

only two summer hols? Smile

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 7-05-08 16:51; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The Flying Snowplough, Beat you by two whole months, booked both mine in March. Hope to squeeze at least one more in as well. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Booked for Tignes in Feb 1/2 term. Planning tro go to St Anton in January and possibly Madonna dC in March
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Booked Schladming in Austria for Nightrace week at the end of Jan.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
im booked val thorens for new years week Blush
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Booked for 10 of us in Meribel for first week in feb
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
JP wrote:
The Flying Snowplough, Beat you by two whole months, booked both mine in March. Hope to squeeze at least one more in as well. Toofy Grin

We'd only just got back from this year's trip when you booked. Can't compete with that!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Can't book unfortunatly til the budget airlines release their winter schedule and prices
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The Flying Snowplough, well done sir! I'll be very interested to know how it works, the fact that all their chalets are in Le Praz and the lessons for the kids will be up in 1850 have put me off but will be glad to hear a report when you get back.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Booked in March for 16 of us to go to Ischgl in February halfterm. Pleased to be reading so many positive comments about the place as I had never heard of it until we found it in the "where to ski and snowboard" book during our "where shall we go next year" meet. Hotel is booked, now waiting for Easyjet to release their flights.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Christopher,
Quote:

Can't book unfortunatly til the budget airlines release their winter schedule and prices

don't rule out the non-budget airlines, they often release fares (very competitive) and schedules very early. Some have been out for weeks but will start rising.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stevew wrote:
The Flying Snowplough, well done sir! I'll be very interested to know how it works, the fact that all their chalets are in Le Praz and the lessons for the kids will be up in 1850 have put me off but will be glad to hear a report when you get back.

That put us off this year, hence our visit to Rosalie, the world's finest ski resort! We wanted to have toboggan runs and nursery slopes near the chalet - with reliable snow - in case the kids didn't like the lessons. Down at 1300, it might all be slush and mud. As it turned out, the lessons were a big hit, so we rarely went tobogganing or retiring to the chalet to coax reluctant youngsters onto the slopes.

We are now gambling that the extra pain that being 500m below the lesson causes will be offset by having access to more extensive skiing for Mrs Snowplough. I rather liked the flattering blacks in La Ros. Courchevel is way tougher if memory serves. Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The Flying Snowplough, I don't know about La Rosiere, but CVL is not exactly stringent in its grading of pistes. I thought most of the resort was pretty easy.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The Flying Snowplough, we were with them this year and it was excellent. the fact the lessons are at 1850 and you stay at 1300 was no problem at all, they had a very efficient system of looking after the kids and the instructors were good as well.
latest report
Booked to go to Mittersill in Austria for new year - a cheap way of skiing the Kitzbuhel circuit, and with the Salzburger Super Ski Card allows to ski in loads of different resorts Very Happy
ski holidays
Lou, Cheers for reminding me, I need to have a look at BA's current prices. Your right British Airways even at peak times are competitive with Easyjet and Ryanair. Booked peak holiday week this summer and BA were the cheapest.
latest report
Of course I forgot to mention that Hannah and myself are booked for La Rosiere in January Very Happy
snow report
Lou wrote:

Quote:

don't rule out the non-budget airlines, they often release fares (very competitive) and schedules very early. Some have been out for weeks but will start rising.

Yes BA I see have got quite a few flights for Geneva out already when the other airlines schedules only go up to Sept/Oct time so far.

Talking of next year's holidays, albeit a long way off at the mo, does anybody know when next year's EoSB will be? If its same week as this year then it will be 18th-25th April?
latest report
Any of you coming this way?
latest report
i must be slow, have only just booked for jan in Kirchberg
snow conditions
Very Happy Just booked 1st week of March in Morzine. Same appartment as this year with our friends in the chalet next door.
ski holidays
Crumbs - I need to get on with it then. Busy sitting down perusing dates and times and instructor availability and so forth and you lot have all been booking!
snow conditions
About to book the Diva (via Crystal) for New Year in Tignes with Mrs Dr Doggy and the puppies.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy