Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has anyone ever claimed off Easyjet?

Poster: A snowHead
To cut a long story short, Easyjet cancelled my Geneva Liverpool flight on the Sunday at the end of the Easter hols. Next available Liverpool flight was Wednesday, so we choose to goto East Midlands on the Monday. Geneva was packed, Easyjet said they couldn't get us a hotel, but if we could find one they would re-imburse us.

So my costs (for a family of 4) were:

Overnight hotel accom: 220.10 Euros = £178.90 on my credit card
Hire car from Midlands airport to Liverpool airport = £60.11
Petrol : £17.51

TOTAL CLAIM: £256.52

Easyjet came back with a very low offer, which I have refused, however they have come back again saying:

Quote:
easyJet's limits of liability applicable in connection with flight irregularities (£70 per room for hotel accommodation, £7 per passenger for meal, £7 per passenger for transportation)

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this "limit of liability" and/or claimed off Easyjet?

regards,

Greg
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Do you happen to know the name of the person who said the airline would reimburse you? That might give you some leverage. All airlines do have a restriction of allowances ('my flight was delayed so I spent the night at Claridges and ate at Gordon Ramsay' isn't a scenario they want to reimburse), but I think the allowances are supposed to be reasonable. Also, do you know why they cancelled your flight? Can your travel insurance help? If you have a rummage around on the BA site you willl find much the same wording, and it was a feature of T5 stories a few weeks ago.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, the EJ figures are per person. Worst case for 4 people would be 2 rooms leaving you 60 notes short.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
kitenski, the EJ figures are per person. Worst case for 4 people would be 2 rooms leaving you 60 notes short.

Unfortunately not FtS, note for the hotel their wording is "£70 per room"

We paid for one room which slept 4 of us at a cost of £178!!

regards,

Greg
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, I think if yiour explained you all four of you squeezed in to a big family room rather than two or even four rooms they must be flexible - but you have probably already explained this to them ?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rayscoops wrote:
kitenski, I think if yiour explained you all four of you squeezed in to a big family room rather than two or even four rooms they must be flexible - but you have probably already explained this to them ?

Yup I have, all to no avail Sad

£70 a night is pretty impossible to achieve IMHO given the fact I had zero notice to book a hotel, and Geneva was, in EJs words "full"!!

regards,

Greg
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You could try contacting the CAA and finding out if EZ's terms are considered fair; you could also contact a consumer champion (Tony Hetherington of the Mail on Sunday, Diana Wright of the Sunday Times, there's also one in the Saturday Times but I forget her name), and as a possible last resort, the Small Claims Court? You might also try persuading EZ to give you vouchers to be used against flights to make up the difference between your claim and the cash they're willing to offer (NB - flights can usually only be booked with these on the phone, which means you pay more for the flights themselves as well as the cost of being on hold for ages). Do you happen to know anyone else who got stuffed by the cancellation?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Are they paying the Euro 250 pp compensation too?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
RobertC wrote:
Are they paying the Euro 250 pp compensation too?

Hi Robert, not sure what you are referring to, can you explain? The flight was cancelled (supposedly) due to snow in London preventing our aircraft arriving, so it comes under the "exceptional circumstances" clause......
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
If they had had a plane available, could it have flown to Liverpool as scheduled?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
RobertC wrote:
If they had had a plane available, could it have flown to Liverpool as scheduled?

Yes, I'm sure it could, the key is "if".......

I doubt they cancelled it for no reason!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Greg, I was away when it snowed back home. I don't know when or where the snow hit. So sorry for the questions.
Maybe they pulled your flight to suit themselves and used the plane to run another flight.
I think your plane should have arrived from Liverpool. Perhaps it was never scheduled to go near London.
Anyway, rely on the Euro regs for the compensation, ignore Easyjet Ts&Cs.
For Euro 1,000 plus the hotel costs I would have a closer look. That's all. Good luck.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
RobertC, easyjet rarely seem to fly normal return schedules. If you talk to the staff and see where they have flown that day, the chances are that a Liverpool flight would have done at least 2 other UK airports in the same day. So just because Liverpool was clear doesn't mean that the aircraft was available - it could have got stuck anywhere!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
robert, what/where are these euro regs, and do they apply for exceptional circumstances, ie weather. my understanding is i could claim more if ej has cancelled the flight due to problems caused by them, not the weather.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_campaigns/travel_and_leisure/campaigns/Flight%20rights/Getting%20compensation/get_compensation_559_90586.jsp
has details on eu regs - look up the excuses link for more info on weather/ exceptional excuses. Sounds like a grey area.
snow conditions
cheers awol, as you say not clear! The which website says they don't have to pay any compensation for flights cancelled due to "exceptional cirumstances"....
ski holidays
kitenski, you could always check with the Met Office to confirm whether or not there was actually snow in London, and then try & find out if other flights (EZ and other airlines) were cancelled on this basis...
ski holidays
Hi vetski,

Yes plenty were either cancelled or delayed inc BA and others from london. It was on the web etc (I checked at the time!!)
ski holidays
kitenski, glad to see you have a nasty suspicious mind. Essential accoutrement for the modern world!
ski holidays
well many emails later, and easyjet aren't budging from their origional offer, no vouchers for use on another flight, no more money, nowt.

So I reluctantly am accepting their offer Sad

I guess it's better than nothing.

regards,

Greg
snow conditions
Small claims?
snow report
Small claims?

yes, a very small claim Smile
snow report
kitenski wrote:
Small claims?

yes, a very small claim Smile

I think FTS meant the Small Claims Court!!!
ski holidays
kitenski, someone has probably already said this, but what about your travel insurance? That often includes cover for travel delays.
latest report
kitenski wrote:
To cut a long story short, Easyjet ...

Just wondering if anyone else has come across this "limit of liability" and/or claimed off Easyjet?

regards,

Greg

Sorry Greg, didn't spot this until just now! I got the buggers last year. See http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=24529 Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Hmm, cheers Carled. I just "accepted" their offer as detailed above, does that stop me entering the claim do you think?

Is it a £120 fixed fee to use Moneyclaimsonline?

regards,

greg
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy