Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Ski advice requested!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi ya all!

This is my first post and here I am asking for advice already Blush

I picked up sking again this past winter, after about 10 years, because my kids decided they wanted to snowboard (dang knuckle dragers NehNeh )

I quickly realized that the skis (Rossi 660, 180 CM) and Solomon rear entry boots I bought in 1991 just weren't going to cut it anymore, esp when I tried some shaped skis, those were K2 Comanchee's. So I am in the market for some new skis and boots.

I ski all blues, but haven't tried black runs yet, not too comfortable on some of the high end blues. I know I should try some, but wasn't in the shape to take them on this year.

I have been looking to get a pair of 2007 Rossi Bandit B1's, a store has them for a GOOD price and for the boots I was looking at the 2007 Lange Concept 85. I can get both for $260.00. I already have the bindings, Tyrolia Railflex II.

So what I'm askin' is would that set be decent for my skill level? And what would you guys and gals suggest?

BTW - I'm 5'9" and about 175#. I ski in Washington, USA.

Thanks for any help!!

Cutter
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cutter, NOOOOOooooooo . . . don't change a thing, dig out that neon fartbag and come and join us in Europe . . .

Feel the irony and free the farce wink
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cutter, Welcome to snowHeads snowHead
Boots - it's important to buy what fits and suits your ability, don't be led by price.
Skis - Rossi B1's are pretty good, but B2's are better, if you can get them also at a good price.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cutter, welcome to snowHead s

As Spyderman has said about boots, get a pair that are the right fit and level for you, and preferably get them fitted by a good bootfitter. (New boots are far less comprimising than the old rear entry boots). Nothing wrong with the B1s, but careful of outgrowing them if you plan on pushing on your skiing.

Alternatively, do as Masque suggests and join us in pretending to be the French. Toofy Grin
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy