Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Movement Karmasutra

Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody have or know what the Movement Karmasutra ski's are like?I am looking at buying them. All replies welcome
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
no tried them but i have tried movement Yaka and they are very good skis they are my next pair.
PS welcome to snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They err......certainly sound..........err......interesting wink Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
thanks.most helpful. Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't know this ski but I think the Swiss know what they are doing.
Mostly a park ski that can get around the hill well, Falline think you can hit it hard on piste because it isn't so soft and it will do deep as well.
If you like parkstyle, it seems to be a very handy all rounder, which must be quite a trick in itself.
Along the lines of a PE for all round capability, I read, but without the weight.
Sounds good to me. I'd only want to trade its park antics for some something else, maybe stability, but apparently, it is not shy there either.

Just to get this thing moving... they sound like very good skis from a very good ski maker.

You only have to look at the reviews of the Gladiators, Sparks and Goliaths to see that this company is well thought of
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I read this thread last night and thought it was a joke! Or spam! Are there really skis with this name? Shocked
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mouth wrote:
I read this thread last night and thought it was a joke! Or spam! Are there really skis with this name? Shocked

You can find them under the Freestyle sub menu.
http://www.movementskis.com/
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
barthez1980, Great skis and the highest scoring ski at the EoSB test.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kiwi1,

What test....?
hardly seen a thing about it.... in fact I'd say that the ski review section in general is also neglected with hardly any new entries of late....
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mouth, As used by Vatsyayana to achieve the 64 positions in trick skiing?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT At the EoSB the following brands were present with the 09 skis for everyone to try, Movement, Liberty, Elan, Black Crows, ZAG, VIST, Icelantic, Radical and High Society Freeride.

The test was advertised on page one of the EoSB thread and a number of other threads.

I'll post the overall results over the weekend but there were over 100 reviews so it takes time to get all the data together. It'll be up to Admin how he presents the data. I am but a mortal.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
kiwi1,

I saw all the good work getting the stuff there, I just haven't seen anything come from it altho I note you have a thread of the top rated skis....

It used to be the case where people would write up on the skis they used and some even bothered to add them to the Equipment reviews but that is pretty well hidden so I doubt too many people know about it..certainly not new users unles pointed there, which is kind of understandable. But anyway, I think it is a subject that should be more visable but maybe if people just write what they want..that might not please everyone..

I do think your efforts getting stuff out there are very good so no direct crititism here and I imagine it would take to a lot of time to collate, just that I would hope people could be bothered to write a review from their own stand-point ... I couldn't tell you when the last review went in the review section and I doubt most others could either, but I doubt if it was recent...

I think the equipment review section needs to be reviewed because as it stands it is virtually useless...IMV..!

As I said, not to demeen your hard work, but this is pop at lazy reviewers, if anything...
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have not tried the skis but I did read the book, and I have to say its full of some great streches.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
JT wrote:
kiwi1,

I saw all the good work getting the stuff there, I just haven't seen anything come from it altho I note you have a thread of the top rated skis....

It used to be the case where people would write up on the skis they used and some even bothered to add them to the Equipment reviews but that is pretty well hidden so I doubt too many people know about it..certainly not new users unles pointed there, which is kind of understandable. But anyway, I think it is a subject that should be more visable but maybe if people just write what they want..that might not please everyone..

I do think your efforts getting stuff out there are very good so no direct crititism here and I imagine it would take to a lot of time to collate, just that I would hope people could be bothered to write a review from their own stand-point ... I couldn't tell you when the last review went in the review section and I doubt most others could either, but I doubt if it was recent...

I think the equipment review section needs to be reviewed because as it stands it is virtually useless...IMV..!

As I said, not to demeen your hard work, but this is pop at lazy reviewers, if anything...

Yeah, Graham and I discussed the reviews. Loads of them and some great skis and we want to publish them all good and bad.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
were the karmasutra's tested?
snow conditions
barthez1980 wrote:
were the karmasutra's tested?

Yes. Scored very high. 8s, 9s and 10s out of 10 in all areas. Send a PM to the_doc as he was the tester. I'm sure he'll be glad to tell you more.
snow conditions
JT, Oi!

wink
ski holidays
Mosha Marc, Apologies to you... Cool
snow report
Off topic, sort of, but I just bought a pair of new Movement Flames for €200, they are really light and I was thinking of putting some XR+ bindings on them, anybody care to comment?
snow report
Dypcdiver,

Don't know the Flames but the Spark is a great ski...IMV
I would expect it to be very good.. and hold an edge and foray quite nicely in deeper stuff.

What are XR+..?? If you mean FR+, then I would have said that Sparks and FR+ would be a very good team.
I suspect that Flames will be maybe just as good, but you will miss out of the extra float in deeper snow. I think the Flames are 78mm and the Sparks are 82mm.
ski holidays
Dypcdiver, I have the flames, they're great skis - I have VIst 412 bindings on mine, but in the hotel we were in were a bunhc of guys doing an off piste course, one f them had AT bindings on his. not sure what bindings but he did rave about how good they were
latest report
JT, & nbt, Thanks guys, brain in neutral, I did mean Fritschi FR+ Embarassed for some reason I had cross rider in my mind rolling eyes
My skis of choice for the last 4 seasons have been Elan M666 with 116-76-102 (I've 3 Pair) and have spent a lot of time off piste with these without problem, but they are V heavy with their intergrated rails for the Tyrolia bindings. Thought the flames were a bargain and fancied a little skinning, hence the FR+.

Just spotted the "AT gear" thread and that seems to answer a lot of my questions.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 3-05-08 10:24; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Dypcdiver,

Should be quite a light set-up which will always help uphill, IMV.
snow conditions
So, I have the new karma sutra's, the bindings are Look FR120. Anybody have these? Puzzled
latest report
hi there, skiied the kamasutras all last season as my all-mountain ski and i.m.o you'd be hard pressed to find a better ski out there! they share some pretty nice characteristics with the icelantic pilgrim, ie theyre both light, good edge grip, mid stiff and mid fat twins, although the kamasutra is better in the park as it is far nice to ride when the bindings are centred. theyre very responsive in all terrain and ski a lot thinner and shorter than the dimension suggest, if you can work a ski then theyll reward you on the piste, bumps (relative to their size of course!) and pow. plus the graphics rock! any q's then pm me no worries!
doc
snow conditions
Never heard of them .. but ... the name ... is interesting. Smile
snow report
Why would you name a pair of skis after an ancient book about knobbing?
snow conditions
richmond, so deviants like us get interested in them Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
richmond wrote:

may be the closest some of us get..... Sad Laughing
snow report
richmond, knobbing a pair of mid fat twins......................interesting!
snow conditions
richmond wrote:

gets you places you didn't believe were possible?

I believe thay also have a model called the Climax & the Joystick.
snow conditions
2007 karmas
http://global.skipass.com/gearguide/ski/2007/movement/Kamasutra.html

I 've got the older 2007 ones with the nakkid lady's on them, only ski i know with nipples on them lol
not only that but they have a 3D snake skin top sheet !!!!
They are excellent to carry as they don't slip and they don't show up scratches.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy