Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal) - October group

Poster: A snowHead
Chris Bish, sounds brill thanks for the report!

Quote:

For those who want to know, at present everything above the restaurant is open, but not Leisse. This means you can get to the ski area from Val Claret and there is a ski bus service running. - not sure how comprehensive it is.

Puzzled This sounds the same as it was last week if you mean the Panoramique restaurant at the top of the funicular as we could get to everything (I think) above there last week too, except Rosilin mind you, we had to take the chairlift down to it first rather than skiing it from the restaurant and behind the cable car station.......Or do you mean that you can ski right down from the top all the way to the bottom down to Val Claret? Very Happy i.e is the Face and piste double M open which runs alongside Les Lanches chair by the Carlina restaurant in Val Claret? Or not yet? Hope so!

The Tignes bus runs in the Autumn and was running last week, it goes from Val Claret in front of the Taverne des Neiges to Lavachet to Le Lac and then back to Val Claret again. It felt very strange being the only person on that bus last week when I nipped over to Le Lac from Val Claret the one day compared to a packed bus in main season! I'm not sure if it runs to Tignes Les Boisses or not from the bus stop outside the Maison de Tignes in Le Lac, it was on the timetable when I looked at it but didn't see it running for myself, I think it's on a different schedule maybe. You guys fortunately don't need that one anyway because you have the hotel minibus to bring you back etc. snowHead

Amazing how 1 week later it is such a difference, as we said above in our posts, last week was great too with bluebird skies every day apart from one morning only when the vis was a bit low, lovely pistes though. Having powder in the last week of October is great news for you guys and also us lot who will be out there again soon enough in 4 weeks time!

Happy snorkelling snowHead
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Ah, in the meantime since my post above more info has come to light from this thread.....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=43899&highlight=

Apparently from the thread above, the double M from the glacier is opening early this year (16th November) so that's good news for anyone going out to the test around that time.

The rest of the Espace Killy is due to open 29th Nov, I wonder if they will open that earlier as well if snow allows? Last year the Espace Killy opened on the 1st Dec IIRC and there was lots of snow that week.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sounds just like the last 2 psb's rolling eyes
Fill yer boots and have loads of fun.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sounds like you're having/had a fab time - I am jealous! Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Sounds like you're having/had a fab time - I am jealous!

cathy, It was horrible really Shocked They made me drink beer, eat chocolate, lots of highly calorific food and midget gums Shocked Laughing

VolklAttivaS5, At the moment earlier opening dates are not confirmed in resort, they still need more snow on doubble M (Mr Bish will give you more of the technical stuff as he knows all the runs).

Thanks to my companions and Pixie for the last 3 days and Helen B for putting up with the text messages lalalala Laughing

A couple of pics just to really rub it in Toofy Grin

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Linds, just pleased you had a great time. I'm not jealous honest.................. Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
PSB presumably means Pixie Special Bash?

Well, we are back, and I just know we have been so lucky. Yesterday (Friday) did not seem so good at first as the cable car to the top was closed and high winds were blowing the snow horizontally. A lot of the training groups were turning back at the funicular, which caused one pixie problems as she got caught up in the reverse flow of people and lost sight of the Funicular station behind all those big ski boots. We tarried a little before getting stuck into more boring old fresh powder but found that Rosolin was as good as ever, though there were 3-4 minute queues for the T-bars.

I was enjoying the Missions and indeed finding they do what it says on the tin. They give you that "boing" feeling if worked hard on piste and also mosh their way cheerfully through the piles of powder that some idiot had left lying everywhere.

We then took the long slow T-bar up the middle (is there a slower t-bar in the universe? I could have run up quicker!) (that is only a joke to anybody who knows of my admirable lard-level) and took on the deep snow of the black to the left. This goes all the way to the bottom of Rosolin and is a good test of a ski. Passed!

We spend our final hour or so hooning and powder-hounding a bit on the blues lower down, by which time the wind had got even stronger, the queues had gone and there was some blue sky around.

Back down in Val Claret, it was abvious that there had been some thawing and the snow had gone from the trees back at Les Boisses. The lift company had also put the Lanches chairs (serving DoubleM et al) away in their house again, so it does not look as if they are opening that yet. They might want to put some man-made snow down as a base!

At the risk of being boring, this was just a magnificent three days skiing. Bev and I booked a room with a balcony with the expectation of more sitting in the sun with a book than a lot of skiing. As it turned out, we just couldn't find the time to fit in lunch! Needless to say, the company was excellent and the chalet?hotel (probably the latter, but it has the ambiance of the former with the service and facilities of the latter) (Clumsy sentence - quick translation - best of both worlds!) was great. Steve gave us a lot of good advice re the skis and was always available to help. The food was excellent, the rooms warm and a skiers needs catered for. I am already scanning the diary for gaps in the hope of a quick return.

snowHead
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Linds wrote:
Quote:

Sounds like you're having/had a fab time - I am jealous!

cathy, It was horrible really Shocked They made me drink beer, eat chocolate, lots of highly calorific food and midget gums Shocked Laughing
Bloody cannibals Shocked wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just to boringly second all that has been said by Linds it was quite simply superb! Enough snow to completely bury a Pixie everyday (I know it doesn't take much!) and the hotel facilities were excellent. Can't wait to go back next year Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great to hear you all had such a great time - what a lucky week to pick Toofy Grin

Sounds awful Linds Sad Madeye-Smiley
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing wink
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.

A few pics from The Pixie Bash at Tignes.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Chris Bish, oi!! Those Northern types are my in-laws.

Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Helen Beaumont, Well, at least they know when to go skiing!

snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chris Bish, Looks fantastic, you couldn't have wished for a better start to the season. I'll be there in about six and a half weeks lets hope the snow continues until then.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi to Chris, Bev, Elizabeth and Linds!!! We were your hotub buddies!!! We saw the photos!!! We missed the snow already!! Back to England and it's raining and grey!! Can't wait till December for another trip. This is the first time we've joined a forum so we haven't figured out how to upload the pictures yet. When we do we will upload the ones your took of us when we were the tope of the glacier.
snow report
Maya & Sov, welcome to luckybuggerHeads snowHead
snow report
Maya & Sov, Welcome to snowHead You found us Laughing
At 8yrs old Maya may/could be one of the youngest skiing snowHead and can she ski Shocked French fries all the way Laughing

It was great to ski/board with you but sad it was your last day, the hot tub was quiet that night and Bev and I were most dissapointed that the 400 nice waiters didnt appear (sorry in joke rolling eyes ) but we did have Chris instead Very Happy
ski holidays
who weighs about the same.
snow conditions
Maya & Sov, delighted to have you as snowHeads. You can all be seriously impressed that Maya, already has a snowHeads sticker on her helmet. She also dives off piste at the first sign of powder and leaps over snow mounds at random. Definitely got what it takes. Warmest of welcomes to you both.

snowHead
ski holidays
Maya & Sov, Hello and welcome to you both! snowHead Maya is a legend in the hot tub and cuts a mean (but small) figure on and off the piste. Toofy Grin Honourary Pixie status seems to be in order Laughing Laughing Had a great time on the mountain with you guys - hope to repeat the pleasure soon.

Best wishes for future skiing - can we play the calorie free game in the hot tub again??? PLEASE...... Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
Maya & Sov, welcome to snowHeads snowHead

Wow....what a fantastic few days. Not to much to add that hasn't already been posted, but it was a great few days snowHead
snow conditions
Woo 7am & just got my skis fitted, back at Les Melezes bring on the pow pow!
snow conditions
Weren't we all lucky? What a great way to usher in the season. Good luck with your course, VolklAttivaS5 snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy