Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski & Board Camp Tignes 08 (Mountain Sun Deal) - October group

Poster: A snowHead
Elizabeth B, I have absolutely no intention of doing any work, finished or not! The only reason for taking the laptop would be to raise jealousy levels among those snowHead s not there!

snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Getting seriously excited now

Chris Bish, I would never have know that Laughing We managed to get quite a few in the hot tub last year but then Spyderman tried to drown me with a hosepipe rolling eyes
A laptop sounds a good idea.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Elizabeth B, Who needs a snorkel when you can do Pixie Paddle!! Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
bev bish, Laughing but can you still do the pixie paddle after a beer or two?
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
What is this pixie paddle?

I suppose I could ask the person sitting next to me....

snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Elizabeth B, Yep, but then it becomes Puddled Pixie Paddle! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Chris Bish, you can do that without lugging your laptop, you can use the computer in the hotel.

The insurance on the skis was 3 euros a day, which reduced one's liabilities to a 50 euro excess. I thought that was a bit expensive, but paid it anyway. Skis do go walkabout in Tignes, I understand. The range and number of skis available to try was not fantastic, actually, and because the guy setting them up was a boarder (albeit a very helpful and friendly one wink ) he didn't really know anything about the skis available. You'll need to be flexible about the type of ski, and the size you want. They didn't have all the skis on the list - more are coming, apparently, but it's unclear when. There's frankly not much point in some of the more "freeride" skis on the list, when freeriding on the Grand Motte in October is likely to leave you down a crevasse.

The conditions were fantastic for us - I hope they'll be as good for you. But, no matter how fantastic, the range of runs available is necessarily very limited (maybe less limited if there are fewer pistes reserved for race training than there were this week). I would strongly recommend lessons - a much better use of the time than just hooning around a few pistes! The hotel can make arrangements with Kev - he is working closely with them at the moment. We paid 60 euros for 2 x 2 hour sessions and, because they were so good, paid an extra 30 euros for a session on the final day too. That still leaves you ample time for some "free skiing" afterwards, before the final funicular which leaves the top about 3 pm.

Enjoy. snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Just seen the weather forecast for Tignes next week - brrr. Brass monkey weather.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
pam w, Good to know about the skis..and it has confirmed for me that I'll take my own.

In December I would hope that you would have 1000mtrs or so of vertical from the GM and a few more pistes besides. 60-70% of the Espace Killy open would suit me fine. And hopefully the race camps would have gone home by then... who were those race camps, BTW...?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm not very knowledgeable about racing, but there were certainly plenty of nationalities, including Koreans, French, Italians. Lots of cross country too. Apparently after not performing to their coach's expectations, the Koreans were made to walk up to the glacier one day.......

Yes, in December there should be plenty of pistes open. It looks like some seriously wintry weather coming in next week and with nothing open other than the GM there'll be no escaping it. Though they were forecasting snow and cold last week too - but it evaporated and it wasn't remotely cold.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The race groups will still be there during the first week of December.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
rjs wrote:
The race groups will still be there during the first week of December.

The Espace Killy should also be open Little Angel so the race teams will probably be the only ones on the glacier.

The conditions yesterday were excellent and with more snow forecast this week it looks good for anyone coming out this week Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ahhhhh getting excited now roll on 30th Nov!!!!!!
If the snow gods are not kind to us will other pistes be open by then with man snow if need be ??? for example not havin to catch the funicular back down (the doudle m i think)
Thanks
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I spoke to the edge to edge chap at the ski show yesterday (ski supplier, and forgotten his name Embarassed). I mentioned that there are still comments about the limited range of skis and he is trying to get some Elan and Salomon skis out for the ladies. The problem is that they are delivered to crawley then he has to take them out to tignes. He is trying to arrange to have them sent direct. no timescales though.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I think I'll wait for feedback on the range of skis next month and then decide whether to take mine or not, I think with Easyjet they can be added on easily. Better get them waxed up just in case.
snow conditions
Linds et all, Have a great time, julesb's sister and party will be on your transfer bus from Geneva I think.
snow report
I also wish you all well. Bon Voyage Tuesday.
The Metcheck forecast looks good - here.
Enjoy! snowHead
ski holidays
Just to echo MarkBe's and Pam W's comments there are no problems with the Chalet and lessons in the mornings with Kev are definitely the way to go. Good use of your time. Skiing the reds higher up is fun but a bit repetitive if that's all you are doing.

holidayloverxx, Good call with lessons. Kev is a top guy. Very helpful. Lessons were fun but also very constructive. Video feedback was really useful. Cheers

pam w, I feel a bit guilty about hijacking your Friday session. I hope you didn't mind. It was really good fun though
snow conditions
Mogs, Shocked No need to feel guilty! To think that if you'd not been there we'd have missed watching jacksonskis flying over that wall, and you and Tony scrabbling across the piste with your finger nails. Epic morning.
snow report
Powder, powder and more powder Shocked
Snow all the way down to the hotel and still snowing as I type Very Happy
Had a great day, yes times where visibility was down and wind was up but enough good stuff around that we even skipped lunch.
Met your relatives Helen, I heard a Geordie talking and shouted are you ***** a bit like the Frosty the Snowman at the airport Laughing
Hotel great, staff as helpful as ever, great cake rolling eyes hot tub lovely when we got back now just waiting for my dinner and all the aches and pains to kick in then the Deep heat will come out later tonight, sorry Elizabeth B, you will have to share the pong of it Laughing
Wish you were all hear.
Linds xx
snow report
Linds,
Quote:

Powder, powder and more powder
Snow all the way down to the hotel and still snowing as I type

Excellent! Brilliant that there is now snow down to the hotel, do you know how much has fallen this last couple of days? Very Happy When we were there last week there was no snow anywhere in Val Claret yet......as we said the conditions on the glacier though were great.....glad you are all having a great time. I am back in Tignes in 4 weeks time so hope the snow carries on for the next month! snowHead
ski holidays
Linds, That news is music to my ears...I'll be out there in 10 days...can't wait!!!
ski holidays
Linds, sounds terrific. Not too much of that cake, now.... or you won't eat your dinner.
ski holidays
Message from LizB: "70cm of snow forecast for tonight and the police aren't letting anyone up without chains"
Jealous - moi Twisted Evil
snow conditions
La, la, la not listening, have had similar text ffrom Linds, along with a request for snorkels for the Pixies. Very Happy
snow report
Pics! Pics! We want pics!
Well, I do anyway. snowHead
ski holidays
Pix, we want some pics................ snowHead
ski holidays
Linds, wow fantastic, lucky you, enjoy the rest of your stay . . . and yes, pix, we want pics Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

the police aren't letting anyone up without chains"

I felt foolish with chains in the back of the car when I went up last week - in the sunshine!
latest report
Well, I have conclusively proved that you can snowplough powder. It did seem a shame to spoil it, but nobody else seemed to want it.

Seriously amazing ski conditions and it is still dumping now.

The place is excellent. lamb shanks and red wine. Marvellous.

Pixies are being warned that they must ski with flashing red lights on their heads in case they disappear below the powder. Or snow chains.
Not sure where they have to be worn. The cops are tough round here.

Linds says still snowing. Nearly 9 in England so good night all.

snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead Toofy Grin
latest report
glad you are all having a great time, save some snow for those of us that have to wait another 4 weeks Toofy Grin
*IncogSkiSno* wrote:
pix, we want pics Toofy Grin snowHead

not long till you can take your own snowHead
snow conditions
Not great quality as sent by phone - but this is outside the chalet this morning Smile
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun, Wow!!! what a differnce a few weeks makes Very Happy
ski holidays
Daily update before the beer kicks in rolling eyes Laughing

Snow, Snow and more Snow with it still snowing lightly by the chalet Shocked
Great day, more piste's had been bashed but still lots of deep powder (for the brave folks) and not so deep for wimps like me rolling eyes
Have just been in the hot tub with Chris Bish, and Bev B. We have lots of pics to post when we get back.
holidayloverxx, This is even so different to last year for us just the luck of the pixie Laughing
Having a great time, lots of aches and pains in legs but hand seems to be doing ok (fingers crossed smiley). Bars open and dinner is smelling good so what am I doing here? Laughing
snow report
Update after one beer; more powder than we know what to do with here. Linds and I keep singing "Heaven, we're in Heaven" and we're not even dead yet Toofy Grin

Another day tomorrow - more powder predicted........why is there not a very smug smiley?! Laughing
snow report
bev bish, you and Linds, are very lucky pixies!!! snowHead
snow conditions
Helen Beaumont, And I am a lucky lardy!

For those who want to know, at present everything above the restaurant is open, but not Leisse. This means you can get to the ski area from Val Claret and there is a ski bus service running. - not sure how comprehensive it is.

We went up the funicular and then took the cable car to the top. The red down the middle had been pisted and was just great. The little runs over by the left hand side of the glacier (looking up) are also open and skiing well. We even took on the black straight off the top and it was unpisted, but knee deep in snow and very forgiving. The nice gentle runs below the restaurant to the right (near the ski fond tracks) (Rosolin et al) are also open and have untouched powder on them still. We enjoyed uorselves skiing powder on an (very gentle) un-used slalom course - it had ben abandoned as it was just too much snow for any serious training. Our tracks were already filling with fresh snow as we left.

I have been skiing on some Head Monsters which seem ideal for the conditions - but how often do you see such conditions! Tomorrow I am trying Scott Missions. I don't think you can argue that there are not top quality skis to try! Bev has been on Head Cool Ones and has skied so well on them there could be a hole in the credit card quite soon! After the horrors of last Xmas this is just great.

Can't believe the value of this trip - and the people are great. There is a real skier/boarder buzz about the place. Loving it.

snowHead
snow report
Chris Bish, glad you're having such a great time. Sounds terrific. The Head Monsters must indeed be just right this week! It's a great spot, isn't it? Three days won't be enough, will it? snowHead
snow report
Helen Beaumont, We wish you were here - the good thing about us Pixies is that we take up so little room in the hot tub! Laughing
ski holidays
Sounds like you are all having a great time and have just picked the perfect wee Very Happy k to go
Im out there for 3 days with Mountain sun on 25th so leave some snow for us please rolling eyes
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy