Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puzzled by DIN settings

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pwahlrab wrote:
Not only in France is six the top rental setting as Austria seem to have similar rules.

Welcome to snowHeads snowHead snowHead snowHead

Was skiing in Obertauern, Austria two weeks ago and my rental ski bindings were set to 7 - as calculated by the shop's computer. This was based on details I provided on a written questionaire card - some shops in France seem to have a less scientific approach to calculating binding settings - usually experience and arrogant disregard for any questioning Razz
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Most 'charts' say I should have mine set around 7.5 to 8....however, I've always had them set at 6 and have never lost a ski except in a fall. I'm happy for them to come off when I fall as that's surely when I'm most at risk of injury.

Can anyone give a good reason for raising their bindings' DIN setting if they've never had a ski come off except in a fall?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
hellfiresliding, some people ski with a more aggressive style than you probably do-higher dins. A lot of people ski into such situations where it would be dangerous if there was a small risk that the ski would come off at all so they may want it to be alot higher just to be sure.

I'm certain there are other reasons mind you..
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

I've heard the same - that the release of a certain hormone during pregnancy, oxytocin I think, softens and relaxes connective tissues and ligaments.

that's definitely the case. I played squash four or five weeks after one of my boys was born and did hurt my back quite badly. As far as skiing's concerned, I'm in the "keep the bindings low" camp. My bindings are permanently on 4 (I'm 10 stone without the gear, 25.5 boots) and that seems just right for me. I do ski quite fast sometimes, but I think I ski quite smoothly and am certainly not aggressive. When I have a big crash and the skis come off, I'm always pleased, and I don't do the sort of skiing where a pre-release would be a disaster. My knees are not great, and they have to last another 20 years.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy