Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British Marmot Ski Racing Club

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
vivski, I've checked around a few of the sites and avoided most of the things I've come across (e.g. Gloucester League race meets, a couple of club specific dry-slope camps etc). As it will have to be outside of term-time it will doubtless clash with something already running, as most of these camps are also run in school holiday weeks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ski, the dates are not set in stone yet, but it looks like it will probably be: 24th - 28th. snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
skisimon, appreciate that, just thought I'd mention as I know a lot of kids I know from various clubs who can't afford to train on snow do go to the summer dry slope camps, so might eat into your target group a bit. Scottish champs at hillend are 23rd-24th August, but I think a lot of the english racers who aren't right at the top of the rankings don't bother to travel to it. All the best with the camp - it's great to see someone trying to help out the kids and I hope it goes well for you Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skisimon, My club (well some of them) will be out for the weekend (22-25) Little Angel . Be aware that the snow is probably at it's worst then. Crying or Very sad But at least you don't have to fight for a lane...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ski, what club are you? Would there be any interest do you think? As I say, the dates aren't set in stone, so if there was interest, I could shuffle it around within the couple of weeks at the end of August. Little Angel
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
skisimon, sent you a PM
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A quick update!

I have now had a meeting with a (fairly enthusiastic) rep from PGL, so the winter is looking quite positive now! Details should be coming through within the next week as to the possibilites for a New Year camp, which may well be in the St Gervais/Megeve region (based out of Le Bettex at 1400m). But I shall not say any more until I know more myself!

A big thanks to Jon (spyderjon) for offering (indeed, I didn't even have to ask Toofy Grin ) some special rates and offers to those who do join us on the camps. Some of the offers he made are particularly in tune ( rolling eyes ) with the aim of helping to get young racers beyond the keen dry-slope racer plateau, and towards being highly competitive both on plastic and on snow.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Confirmed! (Well, the cheque is no en-route to Joanne Mountainsun at any rate).

The first camp will be in Tignes, hosted by the Mountainsun team at Chalet Les Melezes (the same place that the October and December snowHeads groups are going).

The dates are 24th-28th August. The price is currently £210, however that will need to be adjusted for flights (discussing options with BA at the moment, which will hopefully result in not much extra being required to get us as far as Geneva). There are 13 places and there will be three coaches/supervisors - a ratio of less than 5:1 (which is probably even over the top for a coaching environment).

Included will be: full-board accommodation, four days of skiing and coaching, brush/gate training, video analysis, race, insurance (if req), equipment (if req), t-shirt and all travel (once flights are confirmed).

Even allowing for the maximum flight costs, around £100, the total should be no more than £310. Personally, I think that's very good for four days all-inclusive (including coaching). Although one would hope it was very good given that it's non profit.

Further details here.

Also a cheeky mention that a donation feature is now available. If you want to help out that would be great; we really want to make the camps as affordable as possible, so that those athletes who get little chance to train on snow will be more able to do so through the camp subsidisation.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skisimon, a big race is on at Brentwood, Essex dry slope sunday with Chemmy alcott in attendence . May be a good opportunity to get some PR for your venture. Speak with Sergio Cis at brentwood (owner and ex olympic ski racer) and he may be able to get you an introduction to chemmy and/or peeps that can help in the dry racing scene...
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skisimon,

Looks good. Who are your coaches?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
skisimon, Well done ! Let us know how you get on.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy