Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Getting quiet?

Poster: A snowHead
Is it me or is it suddenly getting much quieter round here now?

Is this a sign that the season really is at an end!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roga, yep
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think everyone is sitting at home trying to forget their own season has ended.
8 1/2 months till I ski next (unless you count Milton Keynes) Sad

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Thu 1-05-08 14:58; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Top poster is having a girlie fit Toofy Grin cos there are to many EOSB threads, he'll be back next week to annoy everyone again and 2nd top poster is also having a break for reasons unknown. End of season madness Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Too busy to post 'cos I'm making plans for next season...
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
roga,

Im still hanging around. Havent posted much as Im depressed that I coudnt make the EOSB and the season is really over - did think about Scotland this weekend but my lad has an important football match which I cant miss

Considering doing the Waren smith thing at Mk sometime in May
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
David Murdoch wrote:
roga, yep

Crying or Very sad
snowball wrote:
I think everyone is sitting at home trying to forget their own season has ended.

Probably!
Quote:
9 1/2 months till I ski next

Good grief, that's a long time...

... I'm planning on doing this years version of the Atomic Boot Camp again in October so I don't have that long but it's still painful... and I'm heading Cairngorm way for the long weekend to get my last fix on real snow so I'm not even completely finished yet! The end of season blues are hitting already though!
Quote:
(unless you count Milton Keynes) Sad

Same here I'll be training on plastic regularly and probably doing the odd session at Tamworth, not sure that I count that 100% though - bit like methadone! Wink
thefatcontroller wrote:
Top poster is having a girlie fit Toofy Grin cos there are to many EOSB threads, he'll be back next week to annoy everyone again and 2nd top poster is also having a break for reasons unknown. End of season madness Laughing

Laughing
rob@rar wrote:
Too busy to post 'cos I'm making plans for next season...

He wouldn't be referring to you would he rob@rar? wink
kwakazx6r wrote:
Im still hanging around. Havent posted much as Im depressed that I coudnt make the EoSB and the season is really over - did think about Scotland this weekend but my lad has an important football match which I cant miss

Sorry to hear that Sad but I hope it goes well for him Very Happy
Quote:
Considering doing the Waren smith thing at Mk sometime in May

Sounds like a good idea and it'll help to keep the blues at bay... for a bit!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Awww I really hate the thought of it being the end of the season. Back to skiing in a fridge again I guess. Do snowHeads do OOSB's (out of season bashes) Puzzled
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Charli939, hmmm. Any reason there can't be a Summer Season Bash (SSB) on a glacier somewhere?

I was hoping to get away this weekend, but it doesn't look like it'll be possible. Sob.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Charli939, we've done some summer skitests in the snowdomes and stayed on to make a night of it a few times. Plus the odd BBQ or 2. This year who knows Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Last trip out to Chamonix this weekend before the lift served season finally finishes on the 11th May. Other than walking up to snow in Scotland, or hoping for a very late season fall here in the Lakes or Pennines, there'll be a gap then its time to start the summer lift maintainance programme at Raise and Yad Moss.

Admittedly not the same as skiing, but at least it involves hanging around some ski lift infrastruture Laughing
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thefatcontroller, The gardening leave is obviously affecting your grey cell! rolling eyes
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga wrote:
Is it me or is it suddenly getting much quieter round here now?

Is this a sign that the season really is at an end!

.....and it will only get quieter.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
boredsurfin wrote:
thefatcontroller, The gardening leave is obviously affecting your grey cell! rolling eyes

Couldn't keep away could you Laughing
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Who says it's at an end?

I skied pow yesterday.
snow conditions
The extreme BBQ'ing season is already upon us here. Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
I'm going to L2A in June . Very Happy
latest report
I'm off to Kitzsteinhorn tomorrow, some fresh snow yesterday and more expected tomorrow!
latest report
kwakazx6r, I'm considering doing the WS course in manchester in May, I can't let all I've learnt go to pot over the next 6 months!

(and yes it is quiet, its making me post more than normal as I normally just read everyone else's posts Happy )
ski holidays
vetski and FenlandSkier, Excellent! All suggestions will be recieved in a suitably welcome manner... Toofy Grin (at least the skiing related ones will Twisted Evil )
snow conditions
I'm starting to plan next year's! Wish I wasn't restricted to the bloody school hols...
latest report
paulio, When do you leave school then? Twisted Evil wink
snow conditions
kristof, and don't you have new toys to play with?
ski holidays
roga wrote:
Quote:
9 1/2 months till I ski next

Good grief, that's a long time...

Oops - a slip: should have been 8 1/2 - still a long time, though.
ski holidays
232 days til I arrive in resort. Sad Sad Sad

A horrible thought. It is an ery silence on the forum.
ski holidays
Indeed.
snow conditions
Exactly 18hours till I ski next.... snowHead Sorry, I'll get my (ski) coat. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
Winterhighland wrote:
Exactly 18hours till I ski next.... snowHead Sorry, I'll get my (ski) coat. Twisted Evil

You skiing Friday then?

About double that for me (on snow) and I was on plastic last night Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Butterfly, I do, I'm taking them to Spyderjon at the weekend to fit bindings and show me how to look after them, then I'm free to play Toofy Grin
snow report
Dypcdiver wrote:
paulio, When do you leave school then? Twisted Evil wink

ha.
snow conditions
Ah well, there's my 3,000th post to look forward to I suppose (sad sigh)

However, on the subject of hot air, someone just bought me a present of a go on the Milton Keynes indoor sky-diving thingy, so I imagine I'll put in a few turns at the same time. Cool
ski holidays
snowball, I quite fancied having a go at that - let us know how you get on?
snow report
It is quiet and no eos banter... wonder why..?
snow report
Having been on snowHead since the end of 2006, I don't remember the forum going quiet so abruptly last year..

This year it's really been gone from loads of posts in all sections to virtually no activity in the space of a week..or even overnight...Friday before E0SB: plenty of stuff going on..Saturday morning, Snowheads has ground to a halt and has not really picked up since then! Shocked

To the point that I find myself actually working...
ski holidays
The season hasn't fininshed yet! Looking forward to the closing weekend at the Grands Montets next weekend and then maybe even a little spring touring...
latest report
I think the EOSB bods are still nattering on the dozen or so EOSB threads.
ski holidays
snowball, there's a certain amount of truth in that - we've started planning for next season! Funny, I seem to remember someonecomplainin about all the EOSB threads and saying how much livelier the forum would be when we'd all gone..but it seems that more people actually missed us all! Which is nice. Very Happy
snow report
snowball wrote:
Ah well, there's my 3,000th post to look forward to I suppose (sad sigh)

However, on the subject of hot air, someone just bought me a present of a go on the Milton Keynes indoor sky-diving thingy, so I imagine I'll put in a few turns at the same time. Cool

It's great fun I did a visit with a works trip!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy