Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

5 Day Week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have noticed that some of the tour companies are offering 5 day holidays for the first week in Jan, when I was looking to try for a late booking.

If I went for something like this I would idealy like to get some skiing in on arrival day (I have my own ski's and boots) but have only actualy managed this once (Obergurgl last winter).

Has anyone any suggestions for resorts where they would expect to be able to hit the slopes by lunch time?

Thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The problem is that even if you choose a resort near the airport and a ludicrously early flight, success will depend on not having to hang around at the airport waiting for another flight and not being the last to be dropped off the bus in the resort and all that sort of unpredictable stuff. A private transfer would help, but you could spend the money on 2 more nights instead.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A quick dash from Geneva airport to Chamonix will have you skiing by lunchtime. Turin airport has a number of good resorts within 60-90 mins transfer, including the high Monterosa area. If you can get travel to Innsbruck, there's lots of local skiing (low, so can be risky for snow)
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Stephen, we can get our geusts on the slopes by early afternoon if they catch an early flight to Geneva, 1st flight from Luton arrives 09.15, allow 30 mins to collect baggage etc., so on the road by 10.15 am and back in La Rosiere by 12.45. You could be skiing by 13.15 hrs, assuming as David says, that everyone is on the same flight. It helps that our transfers are on Sunday, so less traffic and we have a small turnover each week, 12 guests max. We've also got some very good deals fro early Jan, have alook at our ad in snowShops.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Stephen Sadler, I have been doing 5 day "weekends" for a number of years on a DIY basis. Take a late flight Friday evening to GVA or Lyon, book a hotel on the way to the resort - Formule1 or Etap (Ibis if its with the family), and drive up for 8.30 Saturday am. 5 days skiing, leave the resrt 3-4 pm on day 5 for a late flight home and into my own bed by midnight - its fantastic- it might be even cheaper Thurs - Tues but Friday holiday counts double in the NHS. We've done Chamonix, Flaine, Les Carroz, Les Arcs, La Plagne and Alpe d'Huez like this. snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy