Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pressure Points

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have just come back from a short ski trip to Tignes and used my Boots purchased when I went to see CEM. I had insoles fitted and the boot heated to fit and when wearing them about the house, they were really comfortable.

But I had only been skiing for about 2 hours when I felt pressure on the side of my foot, by the end of the day it was quite obvious where the boots were causing trouble, by the end of the 3rd day, there was no blister, just a red angry mark which was very painfull (on both feet, same place). Sad

I felt the problem was happening as my foot rolled inwards and became "flat" making it wider than the fitting of the boot. I wear walking boots and had a similar problem with them, but this was corrected with a high arch support.

Just out of interest, could this be an option with the ski boots ? or am I looking at new insoles and the boots stretched ? Puzzled

I have a Mortons Neuroma in both feet which are being operated on in 3 weeks time, so there is no rush to sort the boots and I realise the pressure could be due to swollen feet as a result of the Neuroma's, but while I still have the red angry mark on my feet, I thought I may as well ask now. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pippivixen, give me a call after your foot has settled down from the neuroma op, there is no point doing anything until after the surgery, we should need to just teak the footbed or make the boot a little wider at the point of pressure...

I can't remember your foot well, but did you have a lack of flexion at the ankle, if so some stretches and a slight lift under the heel of the boot may help

speak soon
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CEM, Thanks, I will do that, it will probably be about August if they both settle at the same rate. I am planning on skiing at the local dry slope, then off to Tignes again in November. I don't think I have a general lack of flexion at the ankle, but both were swollen from the long journey and also got very swollen when skiing. Confused

Thanks again.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy