Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 2009

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
click the link on this page...

http://www.k2skis.co.nz/

full details of the range are in the downloadable K2 brochure.

Xplorer looks like the ski for me Very Happy
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Xplorer is very good, for sure.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fallliner, i take it you had them on your test alongside the recon? did the Xplorer turn quicker than the recon - it's stats would suggest that it would.

Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
To be honest, I didn't ski them back to back but my gut feel would be that the Recon is slightly faster turning. I find the Outlaw the best of the bunch though it's seen as being too fat to sell well in the UK. Bah to that, everyone's wrong and I'm right. Er... to get back to the point I'd get an Xplorer over a Recon for the extra float; it's still very effective on piste.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fallliner, nope you (and me) are right Cool

Have been riding Outlaws for a while they do everything from hard frozen early morning spring pistes in Europe to powder in the back bowls of Canada, regardless of turn size.

The Xplorer would have to be a hell of a ski to be a better all round ski than the Outlaw.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hofmeister, next seasons outlaw is going up in size and the Xplorer fits into the gap between the new 92mm outlaw and 78mm recon. It's 84mm i think, but has a wide front and back to give a smaller turn radius.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
fallliner wrote:
to get back to the point I'd get an Xplorer over a Recon for the extra float; it's still very effective on piste.

I skiied the Recon last season on one trip and liked it both on and off piste; on another trip I tried the Salomon X Wing Fury, and while this was definitely better off piste (being wider), I didn't really like it much on piste - so between those two skis, I would get the Recon.

I'm now trying to decide between the Recon and the Xplorer to buy. I see that the new Xplorer has a very similar shape to the Fury, so I was wondering just how good is it is on piste? I'd certainly welcome the extra float if it didn't come with too much of a compromise in terms of on piste skiing... Anyone skied the Fury and the Xplorer for comparison?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
well... i've skied my xplorers in a big fridge and they are fast, stable and like to turn. can't wait for some good snow at glencoe to get a proper taste of what they are capable of.

not been on the furies though.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy