Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Easyjet ski charges ...

Poster: A snowHead
stanton, I look at the 'total cost of the flight' not an element and on that basis Easyjet is cheapest everytime Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
thefatcontroller wrote:
stanton, I look at the 'total cost of the flight' not an element and on that basis Easyjet is cheapest everytime Confused

I dont . I calculate the Total door-door (Home to Hotel) price Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
stanton wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

If so why are you commenting on the cost for ski carraige on an Easyjet flight Confused
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
stanton wrote:
I have had to travel with EasyJet on a number of occasions to the UK & Switzerland (as a last resort). I can honestly say they are the worst airline i have ever travelled with. I really hope they go out of business Very Happy

On what basis? We use them all the time for business short haul flights into Europe (maybe 50+ flights per year) and I've never had much to complain about. Ok so BA is slightly more comfortable, but not much and usually far more expensive. Not really worth it for a 2-3 hour flight. Ryanair is a definite step down from Easyjet i.e less legroom and cramped seats, but often even cheaper. If you're carrying a crapload of luggage it might be worth comparing the total cost against the more expensive airlines, but otherwise it will almost certainly be cheaper on the budget carriers.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thefatcontroller wrote:
stanton wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

If so why are you commenting on the cost for ski carraige on an Easyjet flight Confused

Is that not part of the your overall travel budget?

I dont travel with skis so I do not have tus problem Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
uktrailmonster wrote:
stanton wrote:
I have had to travel with EasyJet on a number of occasions to the UK & Switzerland (as a last resort). I can honestly say they are the worst airline i have ever travelled with. I really hope they go out of business Very Happy

On what basis? We use them all the time for business short haul flights into Europe (maybe 50+ flights per year) and I've never had much to complain about. Ok so BA is slightly more comfortable, but not much and usually far more expensive. Not really worth it for a 2-3 hour flight. Ryanair is a definite step down from Easyjet i.e less legroom and cramped seats, but often even cheaper. If you're carrying a crapload of luggage it might be worth comparing the total cost against the more expensive airlines, but otherwise it will almost certainly be cheaper on the budget carriers.

I guess it depends on how low you want to go. Your business has decided to go low & support sweatshop EasyJet employees & contribute to mass polluting cheap aviation. Congratulations you are one of the folk in Ski areas who wants to breath fresh mountain air but Be Nice please! it up in the process of getting there Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stanton, Do you live near heathrow ? If you lived further north dont you think you would have a different veiw?
It's ok to castigate others for using budget carriers but if you are on a limited budget and far from the uk's main hub why shouldn't others have the right to convenient travel?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Easyjet flights, in my experience, are usually full while many others are not. I would have thought this makes for less pollution per passenger.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Rookiemark wrote:
stanton, Do you live near heathrow ? If you lived further north dont you think you would have a different veiw?
It's ok to castigate others for using budget carriers but if you are on a limited budget and far from the uk's main hub why shouldn't others have the right to convenient travel?

Stanton is Dutch.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
stanton wrote:

I guess it depends on how low you want to go. Your business has decided to go low & support sweatshop EasyJet employees & contribute to mass polluting cheap aviation. Congratulations you are one of the folk in Ski areas who wants to breath fresh mountain air but Be Nice please! it up in the process of getting there Very Happy

Cheap aviation is less polluting than any other kind, since the aircraft are usually fuller.

yes, it does mean more people can travel, and I imagine you want to keep the ski resorts for those who can afford the ridiculous prices that flights used to be, or who (like yourslef) happen to live somewhere that means they can probably drive to the snow quicker than flying.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stanton wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:
stanton wrote:
thefatcontroller wrote:

Is that not part of the your overall travel budget?

I dont travel with skis so I do not have tus problem Very Happy

Neither do I. Don't understand your point, but then again I don't think you do either rolling eyes
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stanton wrote:
.......I dont travel with skis so I do not have tus problem Very Happy

So you have no experience of what we are talking about (not for the first time, I suspect) - and any comment you make must be seen in that context. Razz
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
alex_heney wrote:
Rookiemark wrote:

Stanton is Dutch.

Embarassed sorry I didn't realise, but the second paragraph above still applies|
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles wrote:
stanton wrote:
.......I dont travel with skis so I do not have tus problem Very Happy

So you have no experience of what we are talking about (not for the first time, I suspect) - and any comment you make must be seen in that context. Razz

I used to carry skis up to a few years ago. I just leave them there or rent now.

alex_heney wrote:

Cheap aviation is less polluting than any other kind, since the aircraft are usually fuller.

yes, it does mean more people can travel, and I imagine you want to keep the ski resorts for those who can afford the ridiculous prices that flights used to be, or who (like yourslef) happen to live somewhere that means they can probably drive to the snow quicker than flying.

Planes pollute weather full or empty

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7010763846

http://www.ehponline.org/qa/105-12focus/focus.html
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/732004.stm

Keep it going I am enjoying this
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
stanton wrote:
support sweatshop EasyJet employees

where do you get this idea from?
Okay, last week I was very sweaty in the heat, especially in my fartbag
(note the matching skis and boots)

but usually I ensure that I wear enough deodorant whilst working...
snow report
Michelle wrote:
stanton wrote:
support sweatshop EasyJet employees

where do you get this idea from?
Okay, last week I was very sweaty in the heat, especially in my fartbag
(note the matching skis and boots)

but usually I ensure that I wear enough deodorant whilst working...

OMG, an Employee Sad
ski holidays
stanton, sticks and stones Little Angel
snow report
stanton wrote:

alex_heney wrote:

Planes pollute weather full or empty

A stupid and inane comment thta was totally and utterly irrelevant to the point at hand.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:
uktrailmonster wrote:
stanton wrote:

I apologise for having to travel outside the UK and using cheap polluting aircraft in the process. Get over it rolling eyes
snow conditions
Michelle, at least you can be confident that you'll never have to deal with stanton as one of your passengers wink
latest report
Elizabeth B, Bet stanton travels easyjet all the time but like lots of snobs won't admit it Laughing
snow conditions
thefatcontroller wrote:
Elizabeth B, Bet stanton travels easyjet all the time but like lots of snobs won't admit it Laughing

That wouldn't surprise me at all Little Angel
latest report
thefatcontroller wrote:

If at all possible I do not fly at all. I use a bicycle at home & trains in Europe.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Mon 28-04-08 13:19; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
stanton, Yes, setting of tomorrow with the wife and kids on bikes to be in the Alps in time for next Jan Laughing
latest report
stanton, Please drop us pictures of your next journey to the Alps, for skiing, by bicycle. They could be more interesting than watching the Tour de France ascent to Alpe D'Huez.
snow conditions
stanton wrote:

If at all possible I do not fly at all. I use a bicycle & trains in Europe.

That's all fine and dandy, but I really do feel the need to fly to places. Probably has something to do with time constraints and the fact that I live on an island.
snow report
stanton, I live in the north of scotland Smile ..if i am going to Europe for a 7 day skiing holiday i really need to fly...for a longer holiday i might drive..but i would not take my bike or the train. Puzzled
snow conditions
snow wrote:
stanton, I live in the north of scotland Smile ..if i am going to Europe for a 7 day skiing holiday i really need to fly...for a longer holiday i might drive..but i would not take my bike or the train. Puzzled

That is very practicable but people who live closer (<1000kms) & have the train option should use it. I am not saying that folk that live 1800km+ away from the slopes should not fly.you have a justification.
Folk who live within easily available train ride option should use it , this way the fares will come down, infrastructure improved etc.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy