Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vieux Campeur sale

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Popped into Vieux Campeur in Sallanches earlier to get some dry sacs. Walked out with a pair of Head Supershape skis rolling eyes In my defence, they were "giving away" for 300 euros (incl bindings).

Most skis are 50% off - except rando skis which are 20% off.

Arva gear isn't yet on sale.

Didn't dare have a look in the clothing section.

Fill your boots etc.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Thanks, Phil. had a look in Quechua the other day but there was no sale on.

I'm on the look out for some new Tele boots so will have a look in Cham during May.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The shops in Chamonix also do good deals but 50% is a pretty decent discount. The choices for skis in Vieux Campeur are more and better than Quechua in Sallaches. The latter seems to aim at the lower end of the market.

The wife and I were in Briancon March last year and a shops there was selling every ski at 30% discount. We both walked out with a new pair.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Vieux Campeur in Albertville also has a lot of skis at 50% off. Loads of fat ones, especially. Pretty colours.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
PhillipStanton, which ones did you get? i fancy some green and white magnums in a 177 if you are still out.... snowHead Little Angel .... 300 euro is a great price S&R had them at 320 squidlies in the sale but i hung tough...

I popped into albertville a two weeks ago, but only had a couple minutes yet still scored a small purchase. didnt have time to look at skis Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
vieux campeur could be as good a resource for bargain gear as sport-conrad if they would only sort their website out Mad
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
they could for example put sale prices on there rathan than advertising skis at full price Sad
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:
they could for example put sale prices on there rathan than advertising skis at full price

maybe there's something related to the French laws limiting sales which means that's not possible. French retailers can't' just have sales whenever they want - the reductions in resort are usually labelled "liquidation saisonniere" (?sp) so maybe they're only permitted in resort areas, not on the internet. Or maybe they're a bit too Old and Camp to be very good at websites.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Where in Sallanches are they.I know where Quechua are but not seen Vieux.Mostly there for the DIY shop near Hypermarket.(sad)since the closing of Cham one.
Cheers
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The vieux campeur website can be a very frustrating place...!
Dynafit bindings are 20% off at the mo' (along with most touring kit). Buy, buy,buy Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
DonC, leaving Decathlon on the right hand side as you come down the valley keep going along the main road. AVC is on your right as you get to Sallanches.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
DonC,

It is a bout a mile or two from Quechua on the same road, same side towards the town centre (or away from Chamonix if you start from Quechua).
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for that.Will have to look in next time I over.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy