Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I'm sad and have no friends . . . .

Poster: A snowHead
well none that want to ski as much as i do!

Therefore i need to make new ski buds to go on trips with, to avoid single person supplements, any takers????

Clearly i'm a loser lol as i'm posting this, that might put you off lol
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
post photos.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You could try these people: http://www.spiceuk.com/

However, I really wouldn't recommend it as they are all seriously freaky. It becomes evident when you deal with them why they're all single. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
snobunni, where do you want to go, where don't you want to go, what do you like to ski, etc.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it Queen sheba on here who organises trips for singles? And then there's always the bashes...

parlor, Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
lol i feel like i'm pimping myself out here

I like to ski anything and everything, as much as is physically and financially possible. I mainly ski canada with the family, but the hubbys not obsessive about snow like i am so only wants to go once a year. I havent really skied europe since i was a kid apart from completing last years White Peaks Challenge in Austria.

Specifically at the moment i'm looking for a summer southern hemisphere trip and would like someone to go with to avoid the crippling single person supplements . . . .
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snobunni, that's exactly what snowHeads is all about! My OH doesn't ski, most of my friends have full-time jobs (shows how uncommitted they are. When I got made redundant I didn't look for another full-time job because no such job allowed me enough snow time) or kids. There are 3 bashes a season, 4 next year because there's also the 5th Birthday Bash - and with a 100+ snowHeads in VT next week at the EoSB (yes! mentioned it! Toofy Grin ), I defy you not to find skibuds who like to do the same things as you, as well as those who will haul you off to try new things you might not have thought of otherwise.

eng_ch, yes, Queen sheba does - she has a forum of her own, www.pistepals.co.uk. I think she's away with her group this week, in Les Gets.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snobunni, just seen your subsequent post. There is someone around who's looking at southern hemisphere. Check the forums Trips and Resorts - I know I've seen something but can't remember who. If you can's track them down, stick a post up there yourself. There are also several people looking at summer skiing in Europe. And Nottingham is a great place to be when you're a snowHead - there seem to be loads of them up there!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
vetski, lol that'll be me! The original plan was for me and the hubby to ski South America this summer but looking at the recommended trips its a little beyond him, so i'm going to pack him off to vegas with his mate for a week and disappear on my own . . .

I just now need to build up my ski buds to get more trips in, interested in anywhere and everywhere . . .
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

You could try these people: http://www.spiceuk.com/

However, I really wouldn't recommend it as they are all seriously freaky. It becomes evident when you deal with them why they're all single.

Lizzard, I agree, I used to coach at a waterski club and we had Spice come along on a few occasions; some of them are seriously weird.

Apologies to any Spice members here who are obviously the exceptions to the rule. Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snobunni, just saw your post on summer skiing...must pay more attention. There's also a chap called Dek who's posted on Resorts about South America - might be worth a PM, I think there's a pre-existing group but it might be a group of people like us rather than best buddies since infancy. Also - maybe trying looking at NZ ski sites to find a forum like this? You might have to fly on your own, but you'd have lots of skibuds at the other end. Similarly perhaps Epic has people looking to organise a summer trip in South America. Good hunting!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
vetski, thanks, i'll ping Dek a mail and see whats what . . .
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snobunni, I ski most of jan and and then go back for last minute hols, quite often i am looking for good ski companions .Accomodation is no problem as i have my own in les contamines I also go there in early summer to walk. If this interests you p m me.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
snobunni, Just keep an eye on trips here! Loads of people always looking for a spare bod!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ordhan, will do!
ski holidays
Ordhan wrote:
snobunni, Just keep an eye on trips here! Loads of people always looking for a spare bod!

Or in Masque's case a new bod...... wink

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 18-04-08 16:12; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Chasseur, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
Someone did a NZ trip last year and posted some pics and I believe they did it as a single from here but part of a group out there and if I remember they were going agaim this year. Great heli skiing powder shots
ski holidays
snobunni, Another that you might add to your list http://www.singlesport.com/index.html although she doesn't do summer trips.
snow conditions
lol i'm not single, just have a hubby that doesnt obsess about the snow like i do lol
ski holidays
snobunni wrote:
lol i'm not single, just have a hubby that doesnt obsess about the snow like i do lol

So you fit their description admirably:

"This is not an introduction agency , although members are primarily single many people join us because their partner doesn’t share their love of sport."
snow conditions
snobunni, The lady who runs http://www.singlesport.com/index.html set up the company for people who ski on their own, it is not an 18-30 type of company, there are many people in the same situation as you, it is worth quick read of the website.
ski holidays
lol sorry, been burnt that way in the past . . . will give it a look
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy