Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Hire Soldeu - late arrival!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

We are arriving at Soldeu on 26th at 8pm. looking to hire some skis for adults and kids, so we can get the first ski school in the morning for the children.

Anyone used a ski rental place in Soldeu that they can recommend and that maybe opens late and/or early?

Thank in advance

ScottyDog
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scottydog, Welcome to snowheads!
How do you know you'll arrive in Soldeu bang on 8pm????? Standard package holiday bus transfer normally delivers around midnight....
Not many skihire shops in Soldeu anyway and not many shops for that matter so it won't be hard to sniff one out (am assuming you're not down the road in El Tarter???). Main Soldeu skihire, next to the lift in village centre, tends to stay open until all everyone's served. Head as soon as you arrive - suck it and see. If you're lucky they might still be open at 8pm, but I wouldn't put too much faith in that. Failing that, it's open first thing before brekkie. Someone else can probably be bothered to come up with the website for opening hours.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If I remember right, ski school doesn't start until 10am so you should have enough time in the morning if you get up early
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
scottydog, Soldeu has two main ski hire shops, Pic Negre on the main street and Calbo in the Gondola station at gondola level.
Calbo has improved since they poached the Pic Negre manager. SCGB members get 20% discount on the spot and 25% pre booked via their web site. Have fun. Very Happy
Ps. Ski school starts 10:00 at the top of the gondola.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
scottydog, With only a couple of hire shops they can get manic on the first day, also the queue for the gondola leading up to ski school time is huge. If you can't get them the day before then get down there asap on the morning to make sure you can get kitted out and into the queue for the lift before everyone else! Pre-booking on the website sounds like it'd be a good idea to speed things up?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I know that in Pas de la casa they keep the ski hire shops open until about 10pm on transfer days.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
scottydog, where are you staying? Euro Ski has its own ski hire downstairs that stayed open until we arrived ... 3hrs late rolling eyes
There's also two or three hire shops at the bottom of the El Tartar lift, too.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers for the help. We have a private transfer but like you say, who knows when we will really get there. Turns out that we have a ski hire place 300 yards from work, so have decided to hire a set of skis I am thinking of buying. This means I can hit the slope first thing in the morning, as the Monday morning is supposed to be a bit of a mare due to ski school sign-ups wink

Place I am using is edge2edge in Crawley, very impressed so far.

ScottyDog
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
scottydog, A little bit off the topic of the original post, but just to reassure you that edge2edge are really good. Very friendly staff, gave me an absolute peach of a bargain in their end of season sale last year.... twice (had the first set of skis/boots stolen before i had a chance to use them!)
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy