Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Bindings

Poster: A snowHead
Due to my Drakes' metal heel hoop snapping & an ongoing warranty discussion I think I need some new bindings on my next trip. I've been out of the loop of shiny new board kit for a while as I don't believe all the marketing cowdoo but what should I be looking for?

Capstraps? Burton Missions?

(I've a history of not liking Burton product as its easy to break including some boots I rejected in the shop as the speedzone lacing snapped when I was just trying them on)

Heavy bloke, mid-stiff freeride binding needed . I've snapped both plastic and metal bindings. Don't really use forward lean
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea, only had the one set myself, just pick some based on bling value wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
salomon relays are impressive this year, salomon spx 45s are good budget ones, both have cap straps that can be used as normal toe straps. Burton custom are good (I have them and havent broken a thing on them)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
One word: FLOW...
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Two Words :- NO FLOW
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
three words; not this again
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i have missions and like them. i've done a week so far, and a week in shitty rental gear so not to much to compare them to. i tend to break sports gear quite a bit, but haven't managed to break the missions yet.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I had Drake F60s, then changed to some early Burton Missions with capstraps.

Currently riding C60s from a couple of years ago. I am very pleased with them.
No problems with them breaking.
I believe I can change them to a std toe strap, but I haven't done this as I like the caps.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
edmundf wrote:
three words; not this again
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
On a serious note, Flows are very strong and may suit you if you're heavy and put a lot of pressure through your bindings. I'm a bit over enthusiastic and mine never seems to hint at giving up.

Head bindings seem to get the thumbs up, even if they are underrated. Cheap too and they look snazzy as hell.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
What about the K2 Autos?

Speaking to a chap in Revolutionz in Norwich the other day that was raving about them.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've got a pair of Burton Mission's.

Only used them for about 4 weeks boarding... but nothings fallen off them yet Very Happy (fingers crossed I haven't jinxed them for next week!)
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Update - got the Missions. Not so keen on the pimp purple/white faux leather but theres nothing that can't be improved by duct tape.

Only used them 1 day but nice and burly so far and I do like the capstrap.

Given my track record with Burtonsthey'll probably disintegrate next time I use them but I've laways got he 48 hr warranty now.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Specialman wrote:
On a serious note, Flows are very strong and may suit you if you're heavy and put a lot of pressure through your bindings. I'm a bit over enthusiastic and mine never seems to hint at giving up.
Head bindings seem to get the thumbs up, even if they are underrated. Cheap too and they look snazzy as hell.

I can add weight (ho ho!) to Specialman's point about Flows. My Flow M9s seem to take whatever power I can exert on them (quite a bit if I turn sharply as I'm ~115kg).

A boarding partner-in-crime of mine has Head bindings which he has had no complaints about til our recent trip to Austria, when they had a tendency to ice up, so the ratchet mechanism didn't always hold - which was a bit alarming. Not specific to Head though, I think all 2-strap bindings can get like this sometimes.

I'm recommending Flows all the way...
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Flows ... love em ... say no more ... no more to be said ... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
It's all about Union Bindings guys & girls!!!!! i've got a set of Union Force bindings, super light, super comfy oodles of effort gone into 'em and no more expensive!, what more can you ask for than a company that just make bindings? what's good enough for Danny Kass is good enough for me.... nuff said.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy