Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts for chalet at Easter

Poster: A snowHead
We have never stayed at a chalet before, so thinking about it for next year - one week from April 4th 2009.
What resorts would people suggest we look at?

We're three families of 4 - kids ages 11-13, we are all intermediate skiers, good late snow record, no apres ski requirements, easy piste access, budget £2,500 for the catered chalet.

Thank you to anyone taking the time and effort to reply Happy)
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try Les Arcs 2000. There are lots of catered chalets there. We stayed in the L'ours which is a 2 min walk to a small drag lift (or you can take a lift) which brings you to the main lifts and the ski area. Altitude chalets are next door. Lots of TO's have chalets in these buildings. I haven't looked into the budget but I'd get in early with the Early bird offers !
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Just to get it in first, have you looked at La Rosiere? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
simonx, £2500 for a catered chalet for 12 at Easter is very optomistic.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Does La Rosiere have a decent range of high pistes?
Could maybe maybe push a few more hundred for catered chalet if absolutely necessary - flights etc we would arrange & pay for ourselves.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
simonx, For that price during the Easter holidays, I'd suggest looking for something a little more unusual. Maybe a caravan at Billing Aquadrome - it's an easy drive to Milton Keynes....
ski holidays
 franzman
franzman
I would check out Meribel, courchevel or maybe Canada Whistler.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
franzman wrote:
I would check out Meribel, courchevel or maybe Canada Whistler.

£2500 should just about cover the flights for one family to Whistler...
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
simonx, Have a look at Chalets Direct.

I briefly looked and this place at St Martin de Belleville just below the 3-Vs was £1800 for the week you're looking at.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
simonx,
Have a look at these people - www.ski-lasource.com. We went with them a couple of years ago. Montchavin Les Coches is part of La Plagne and v close to the link to Les Arcs. Decent accommodation albeit slightly cramped. Good food, great service and Chris and Linda are lovely people. Was your price of £2500 for all 12 of you? I reckon you will be lucky to get catered accommodation at Easter for much less than £ 350 - 400 pp. If you take a whole chalet you should be able to negotiate a reduction but many chalets won't give discounts for children if you do that. If you are really trying to get all of you catered for at £2500 you will have to compromise on location ... somewhere linked to, but not in resort may be the way to go.

Just as a comparison our self catering accommodation in Vallandry this year was around £1800 for the ten of us - admittedly 4* and you could certainly get cheaper but it is meant to be a holiday Smile Good luck
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman wrote:
simonx, £2500 for a catered chalet for 12 at Easter is very optomistic.
Agreed - you will be very lucky to find all your requirements for that budget - sorry to be pessimistic and happy to be proven wrong wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
simonx, I am sure you will get a number of offers for £2500 per person!!! For the chalet you will be very fortunate indeed. As Chasseur, indicated those lower priced accomodation will not be that convenient for skiing. Good luck though and let us know how you get on.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I assume it is £2,500 per family.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for all the advice guys Happy

£2500 was off the top of my head and a bit low! £3500 would be more realistic which would be the total for the chalet (not flights etc. etc.)

I think I'll give up the idea anyway - I don't think I would like the "intrusion" of catered ....... and we are happy getting our own muesli and croissants for breakfast!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
simonx, it needn't be an intrusion if you rent a whole chalet to yourselves, and the chalet staff live out. Personally I prefer self-catered though we eat out quite a bit too. Do you want separate apartments or prefer to share with your group?
ski holidays
Hi Helen,

We would prefer self-catered I think too. We usually have separate apartments with the other families, which is why we thought it would be good to stay in a proper chalet for a change - immediately jumped to the assumption of catered but we'd be better of self-catered - each family cooks one night and that's half the week catered for Happy, eat out the rest of the time or cook another night .... sorted.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy