Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

pyrenees - anyone been to Formigueres

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
or Font Romeu, Les Angles. got a good offer and flights are cheap but i think the resorts might be small and not very challenging - i am right ?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were contacted for availability by someone who has their own apartment in Les Angles earlier this week and from what she was saying it seems that the snow conditions in their part of the world are not very good at all.

Maybe there are SH's closer that have a better handle on the conditions that can help.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've skiied in the Gourette, Artouste, Formigal areas in the Pyrenees. Resorts are small and the snow wasn't particularly good so a lot of rock dodging was needed. We could cover all of the runs in the resorts in half a day.

Not really the place to choose if you are looking to do a lot of skiing. Great if you have kids or are just learning. snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
backhojo, i've skied them all. Les Angles is pretty sizeable, but the others are relatively small. How challenging you find them depends on how good you are, and what you've skied before. None have particularly huge verticals, but there is certainly challenging skiing to be had. There are also Molina, Puigmal (which is my favourite), Porte Puymorens, Eynes and Masella in the same area, so you do have the option of chasing conditions whilst you're there, as most are in easy driving distance.

The off-piste can be excellent, but they've not had the greatest conditions so far this season (I was there earlier this month and had loads of snow, but it hasn't stuck around due to warmer temps.). Do not go during French holidays, as they are absolutely heaving.

There are a couple of SHs in the area who may be more helpful.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I went to Formigueres in the summer. It's a beautiful small stone village perched up at 1600m surrounded by amazing views. Couple of bars and restaurants, maybe one hotel. The lift seemed to be out of the village centre a bit and I'd guess you'd want to make the short (5 min) drive to les Angles most days as the piste map shows Formigueres as being, umm, limited...
Font Romeu might be holding up better as they have a lot of cannons. I'm due there in March, but holding off booking to see if the snow improves.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just found this, which is the best comparison I've seen of the resorts in this area:
http://www.creme-de-languedoc.com/Languedoc/activities/pyrenees-ski-resorts.php
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went there last year - snow not brilliant as we all know, wrecked my skis!!!!

Les Angles is the biggest I think. None of the resorts are linked, and its a reasonable drive between them. Puigmal is a nice place, not busy, but a long long drive.

We stayed in Formiguerres - a really nice, friendly little village, couple of bars, restaurants and hotels. Not many Brits around.

We will go back, but not just yet.........
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
thanks. i chose the PDS instead as the area is bigger and the flights were better.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good choice!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
tey do a very good job of making it look pretty on the websites (the pyrenees i mean) but when you interrogate the piste map you realise its only about 3 times the size of sheffield ski village !!! LOL
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Formigueres is small but hence cheaper and they do a limited day pass for beginners although the first section off the top of the longest and highest drag that the beginners pass lets you use is really blue, not green as marked.

Puigmal is good and has some cracking blacks and a great mogul-field and at the bottom station is a rope tow which is free for beginners. (Les Angles gives no beginners reductions at all!!)

You can get one pass which covers all the resorts of Cerdagne/Capcir so it's a great area if you have your car with you and you can check conditions at each by web-cam or weather and piste report or even by looking out of the window (they're that close)!! La Molina, Massella and even Andorra aren't far so even Arcalis is within striking distance for a day out (and cheap fuel and booze.)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy