Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis for my Dad

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, my Dad has just come back from his 4th week skiing, having taken it up around 4 years ago over the age of 40. He has got a good grounding of the basics and is fully parallel turning. Recently he has started to play with his edges and has been carving down easy blues. He plans to have lessons in the near future to learn how to carve properly.

He has got to the stage where he wants to buy himself some kit but seems to just be interested in one pair of skis that a magazine from last season recommended. They look nice but I wonder if the magazine has any partnerships with the company and is just plugging them for advertising's sake.

I think he's looking to spend around £300, can anyone help - I want him to get a decent pair of skis yet don't want him to get ripped off. If possible he would like to try them at Milton Keynes snowdome so he might be looking at buying from the local Ellis Brigham.

He skis 100% on piste and has his own boots.

Any help much appreciated Smile
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
hairybuffalokiller, what skis did the magazine recommend?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Almost all skis these days are good, it's more about choosing something that suits you best. He won't get ripped off buying from Ellis Brigham in their sales, so demos at MK would be the best bet. Also search on-line for other reviews of the skis he likes the look of.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy