Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Next weekend, Meribel or Morzine, advice please?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

Can anyone advise me on whether Meribel is likely to be any better or worse than Morzine next weekend? I've been offered accommodation in both, but can't decide which to go for. I fly into Geneva on Thursday evening (17th), and I know Morzine is closest, but would Meribel be worth the longer transfer? Morzine will mean getting up to Avoriaz for the better snow, but is there still skiing to the lower villages in the 3 Valleys, or will I be on a bus there too? Or on several lifts to get to the upper slopes. I've never been to the 3 Valleys, and only to Avoriaz for a day from Les Gets. Any advice would be appreciated. Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Meribel I'd imagine would be your best bet. Looking at the webcams most runs down to the village are still open, and it is abot 500 mtr higher than Morzine. Check out the weater forecast thread, see what's been predicted!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm working in Les Menuires (over the mountain from Meribel) and though the snow's a bit porridgy lower down it's nice up top and there's lower temperatures and more snow for next week.

I'm not sure what it's like in Meribel, but clients have been over there this week and haven't complained
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The 3V has more extensive higher altitude skiing than the Portes du Soleil, and goes up several hundred metres higher. I was at Meribel last weekend, and the conditions are as good as they get for this time of year - still lots of snow. You can still ski to the bottom, but it was pretty slushy after lunch on the final few hundred metres into Mottaret or Meribel itself. Temperatures seem to be fluctuating day to day, so it may be different for you. It's easy to get up high quite quickly, and you can then stay high all day e.g. take Tougnete bubble/chairlift from La Chaudanne in Meribel, drop down to Les Granges chairlift on the Les Menuires side, then either ski the Cote Brune/Mont Vallon sector of Meribel, or work you way along the ridge towards Val Thorens. Or go straight to Mottaret (by car or bus) and take the 3 stage Plattieres bubble, which will get you into the same areas.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've skied both resorts at this time of the year and would recommend Meribel, it'll be worth the longer transfer time from Geneva. I've just spoken ti a liftie working in Meribel and the conditions are still good, just stay high and know that it'll be slushy in the afternoons. I agree with Julian T that the Cote Brune/Mont Vallon sectors will be fine. If it gets too slushy in the afternoons just hit the toffee vodka earlier wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks, better get myself a hire car sorted, unless there are cheaper alternatives?
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kdr1066 - Morzine itself will be past its best by then, but Avoriaz still has shed loads of snow. If you've not been to the area before, getting from Morzine town centre to Avoriaz is very straightforward.

I can't compare to Meribel as I've not been at this time of year.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snow in Morzine/Les gets is very good at the mo, Morzine lifts closed on Sunday for some inexplicable reason. Links to Avoriaz are still open until the 26th and snow up there is awesome.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
Morzine lifts closed on Sunday for some inexplicable reason.

Were they not planning from the outset to close then? If not, then it is indeed inexplicable.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kdr1066, big dumps of snow last week in meribel, check out the thread on 3V's snow report for latest. i have heard from locals best late season in 10 years.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy