Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Intermediate ski reccomedations

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
HI,

I am considering purchasing my first set of skis, I usually ski blue runs parallel and am hoping to progress onto the reds (if I can get over my red fear!) On holiday this year I had 155cm skis which were pink (ladies?) saloman x-wings which i quite liked. I then tried my husbands Atomic Metron M10s 157cm. I found these were heavier and harder to turn.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to skis I should be looking at?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
fizz, how often do you ski? If it's only a couple of weeks per year I'd recommend you stick with hiring for the time being, as you will progress quickly and soon need more advanced skis.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have you bought your own boots yet? If not, buy those first. If you have boots already, then I can recommend Head Cool Thangs as a great confidence inspiring intermediate ski, which you won't outgrow too quickly either. My wife really likes hers. They're super light, easy to turn and forgiving, yet they can carve a decent edge too when pushed harder. Not too expensive either.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
fizz, agree with beanie1 - I literally bought my first skis yesterday. IMO I think you would be better to wait until you have mastered reds (and you will do this Very Happy ) as your skiing will be more advanced and you will have a better feel for what you need/want. I decided to take the plunge for four reasons

a) skiing much more confidently on all reds (x1 black Shocked ) and beginning to look for more challenges at the side of the piste, bumps etc

b) comparing rental prices for an average of 21 skiing days a year to owning means I will have paid for them in two seasons Very Happy

c) normally drive so not much extra hassle

d) got a good deal on ex-rental Volkls which I had tried, in resort from someone whose advice is sound and who I have got to know over last few seasons

Hope this helps
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy