Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing in Scotland ? ( Now plus TR and back corries notes)

Poster: A snowHead
moffatross, It seemed that in some parts of the mountain (and in my hotel room!) I had no reception.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snowball, fantastic write up - thanks for taking the time for all the detail. I am hoping to go up for next weekend and was looking for this sort of info for the back corries Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowball, Fantastic report. Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks easiski. norris hope you find it useful and you have a good trip. Let us know how it went.

Standard TR for Nevis now added to "Resorts / Trip Reports" but not yet inserted in alphabetical list.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Great report, I've only ever skied the corries on my tod, so didn't venture as far as you!!

...now what about the Engelberg report
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Topsmoke wrote:
Roga report for duty please !

LOL, just returned from Austria today and have missed these awesome conditions in Scotland over the last couple of weeks (not at all bad in Austria tho, high up that is) - thanks for sharing all the gobsmackingly brilliant photos guys snowHead

It's amazing to see that things have got even better since I was up at Easter - I was very pleased whilst away to 'brag' to Austrians and Germans about the great conditions in Scotland Toofy Grin

Am looking to get back up for a season ender in the not too distant future though - probably Cairngorm (for nostalgias sake and the great cover Very Happy ), anyone else?

snowball - fantastic trip report, glad you had such a great time Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'll be at Cairngorm, got to get some value from my season ticket Cool . Down to £15 per days skiing now, not including the discounts at Glenshee and Nevis. I'm hoping for a decent weekend, and then we'll see how well it holds out for May. Hopefully see you at the May bankholiday weekend (3rd 4th and 5th?) though its not a holiday in scotland as far as I know.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
^ yup 3rd 4th and 5th of May - the Monday is a holiday in England but IIRC you're right about it not being one in Scotland.

Fingers crossed on it holding out well for May but I'll be happy even if there's just skiing at the top, it's a chance for a bit of a slide and a bit of fun as a season ender as far as I'm concerned...

... I'll be happiest if there's more available than that though!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
May Day is a Scottish Bank Holiday, the May Bank holiday later in the month is not.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
^ ah, thanks for the clarification Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In my experience there is no such thing as a Scottish Bank Holiday other than Xmas and New Year, every region has their own. I am working the May weekend. Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mayday was the one bank holiday we always got off in School and Uni, maybe it is (was?) a North of Scotland thing?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Apparently Statutory Bank Holidays which are nationally observed as public holidays for Scotland are:

New Years Day
2nd Jan
May Day
Summer Bank Holiday (first Mon August)
Christmas Day
Boxing Day
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dave Horsley wrote:
I'll be at Cairngorm, got to get some value from my season ticket Cool . Down to £15 per days skiing now,

...........does that include what you have spent on petrol? rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
The 'Gorm is absolutely rocking this weekend, Ciste Carpark jam packed but with such extensive snow cover above mid-station people are spreading out finding all sorts of lines and as the snow softened mid-morning increasing the numbers heading for offpiste areas the queues for the West Wall Poma (the only lift where it was an issue) lessened considerably for the afternoon as long off-piste lines meant people took longer to return to the lifts.

An overcast start, but the sun broke through late morning to give a fantastic spring afternoon.

^Heading for an early lunch in the Daylodge just before noon by the lower Fiacaill Ridge.

^off-piste tracks in the softening spring snow on the Laogh Mor Return on the low level fenced traverse out of the Coire back to the Ciste Car Park at 1800ft.

More at: http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=473

Also photos from Nevis Range up: http://www.winterhighland.info/2006/pix/pixalbum.php?pix_id=474

^Looking up the lift-line from near the foot of the Braveheart Black (line from climbers col down to then under the chairline gully).

Firstracks, was at Glencoe yesterday so will no doubt be along soon to add to the gloating, sorry everyone who wasn't up a mountain yesterday, but if you can this afternoon or Monday get up there and enjoy the great spring riding while the settled weather holds. Tuesday may escape with good weather too.
ski holidays
Winterhighland,
Quote:

Apparently Statutory Bank Holidays which are nationally observed as public holidays for Scotland are:

New Years Day
2nd Jan
May Day
Summer Bank Holiday (first Mon August)
Christmas Day
Boxing Day

Mea Culpa I just never seem to get the same holidays as anyone else. Crying or Very sad

Still had a lovely day at Aonach Mor yesterday. snowHead
snow report
Fantastic pictures - especially Nevis (ie Aonach Mor), much better than mine (but I was just using my phone and couldn't see what I was framing anyway).
Glad others have taken advantage of the snow. I think it was especially good for me because I had thought my season was over and it was a stolen moment - the good snow and sun felt like a gift.

T Bar, why blame yourself? Curse your employers if you like!
snow conditions
Looks like this last weekend has been fantastic in Scotland. I am debating whether to go up for this weekend...
snow report
Ah, norris, I had hoped you just got back from Scotland. Hope the snow holds out for you - the existence of enough snow to traverse out of the back bowl at Nevis is the crucial thing there.
The Back Corries generally have the deepest snow. If you have skins take them - though you can do it all fine without. Walking to Spikes and Summit gully is just that bit less bother and if Braveheart doesn't open it is only an 10 minute walk out. (you can walk up the rocky bit without skins, but again it is just that bit less bother).

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 21-04-08 9:52; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
snowball, yes so do I looking at the pics, unfortunately I spent the weekend driving up to Newcastle and back for a family do, not my idea of fun really..but it was a 3 line whip from my wife Sad

And the weather looks abit iffy for this weekend. Confused and my ski buddy has just emailed me that he may not be able to make it now due to sonething coming up at work.... Twisted Evil

I wanted to hit the 25 day mark like you but its looking less and less likely
snow report
Well the SCGB 6 day detailed forecast looks iffy for Wed -Fri but sunny on Saturday. It's a question of will the drizzle have damaged the snow too much. However the forecast that far ahead is usually way out.
latest report
hopefully the drizzle will make for nice spring snow!
snow report
just found a cracking site, with loads of info on backcountry at 3 of the Scottish ski areas

http://www.highland-instinct.co.uk/freeride/index.php
latest report
Nice one, kitenski, and I see that you and Moffatross have already posted. At this rate they are in danger of becoming a snowHead colony.
snow report
I just had these from Craig: Easy Gulley last weekend when he skied it

and looking back at it:

Thats a 1,000ft vertical slope, so the chute at the top must be about 40ft wide between the rocks (?).
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy