Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR: Monday Powder in the PDS

Poster: A snowHead
40cms and -11 at 9am - was it really April the 7th!

Not a bad warm up run!

Then Quick hike to this

Hiking up Pointe du Vorlaz

Got us to the real goods!

The damage was done.....

Another walk up Pointe du Cheserie

For the final run of the day

Unfortunately its all got a bit miserable as its raining up to 2400m at the moment Sad
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yowser yowser Very Happy snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh my giddy aunt. Going green
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
schwing!
hopefully going to get some at verbier this weekend
lots of snow forecast for friday but q high freezing levels...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In April!

Wonderful stuff. I can't belive I've managed to (nearly) miss any new snow this year.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
very very nice...

Now, did you have your Holy Trinity with you? Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
norris, you lucky, lucky bug*er.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
norris, great photos as always. Hope the rain turned back to snow. It did that to us when we were there in March but after that it warmed up and there was some good corn.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
well its rained on and off for the last few days, sun came out this afternoon - but it was all worth it for monday!

David Murdoch, Holy Trinity was packed....
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well the rest of the week was a bit of a write off to be honest.....rained on and off, even got myself back on skis to carve up the slush in Les Gets, and took my Dad's dog snowshoeing which he loves!

ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
norris, how fab is that dog Very Happy He's ace.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
norris, how do you get the shoes on such small feet though...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Very nice - and (said he grumpily) bandwidth consuming. Why not upload smaller pictures? That said, to say the least the pics are good. However, this forum is to "find the bodies u need for ski-trips" - so ordinarily, were I not using this part of the forum to find the bodies I need for ski-trips I would have missed them - which would have been a pity. Why did you not stick all this stuff in The Piste - where I would undoubtedly have seen it?

Enough. Great snow - man epic! Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
achilles, big pictures are best in my book, and these days everyone has a pretty good connection.

It was posted in the Piste but got moved I think all trip reports seem to be in this section nowadays? but there seems to be some confusion on this...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
norris, gorgeous dog! What is he?
snow conditions
eng_ch, he is a german wire haired pointer named Strudel!
latest report
norris wrote:
........... It was posted in the Piste but got moved I think all trip reports seem to be in this section nowadays?..........

Pity.
ski holidays
Just seen the pics awesome - don't recognize the names of anywhere which part of the PDS is this lot in? Not that I'd every attempt any of it!
latest report
stevew, they are all around Plaine Dranse, Mossettes and Lindarets
snow conditions
I've moved this post back to the piste as it seems to have no place in the "Trips" forum. It has, however, been suggested that the inclusion of TR in the title may have led some folk to conclude, erroneously of course, that it was a Trip Report Toofy Grin .
ski holidays
Right I'm totally muddled now! Should we not have a new section just for Trip Reports????
snow report
norris, the description under the "Trips" forum is:-

"Whether you're a solo skier or a group hit by a last minute cancellation and needing a single skier or two to fill the gap, use this forum to find the bodies u need for ski-trips - suggest the thread title includes DATES and DESTINATION"

I'm sure you'd agree that your post doesn't really fit in there. I'm in favour of an "Off-piste" section where accounts such as yours could go, but we haven't got a round tuit so "The Piste" seems the most appropriate place at the mo. Just don't mention the word Trip Laughing
latest report
Yoda, yep no problem! good to know the official line on things now!!
snow conditions
norris, thanks for that - is the 6th pic looking down on the top of Cubore with the top of the swiss wall / chaventtes (sp) on the right hand side?
ski holidays
oh dear - i'd been making a habit of posting TRs in Trips too . at least i know the form now
snow report
Arno, don't get complacent - things may change again Laughing
snow conditions
Any votes for "SECTION FOR TRIP REPORTS"?
ski holidays
Yoda, or i'll just decide it's all too complicated and put every thread i ever start in "The Piste" and leave it to the mods to move it as appropriate wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
norris, awesome photos. Especially like those with the views of the valley below. Thanks.
latest report
stevew, Thats the one Very Happy
snow report
Great photos - hope we get to slide together sometime...

I agree with trip reports being in the Piste section, although a page full of helmet threads is almost equally fascinating.
ski holidays
norris, I now recognize where pic 12 is and remember wondering how you got ski tracks there when I was there in March, I now understand - respect Very Happy
snow conditions
stevew, its not to bad a scramble up from the cubore chair (as seen in pic 6) takes about 30 minutes - but well worth it Laughing
ski holidays
horizon,
Quote:

a page full of helmet threads

wrong forum mate Shocked
ski holidays
Just linked to this from another forum to show what the PDS can offer and thought it worthy of a quick bump snowHead

The leaves are turning brown here, winter's coming.
latest report
norris wrote:
The damage was done.....

I WANT TO BE THERE NOW Mad Mad Mad
ski holidays
Arno, just hope they haven't built the lift to top that was rumoured.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil otherwise its going to be a red run. Any locals seen anything?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy