Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

School Holiday dates for next year

Poster: A snowHead
Just got an email from SCGB and among other bits of (semi) useful information was this:

Christmas/New Year
Break up: 19 Dec
Go back: 5 Jan

Half Term
Break up: 13 Feb
Go back: 23 Feb

Easter
Break up: 3 Apr
Go back: 20 Apr

Thought it was worth re-posting as many need to know either to book or avoid those weeks snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Axsman, so does this mean that the Easter hols are the same for all schools, unlike this year ? rolling eyes
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Axsman, Is that the UK schools?? Must check out the French hols.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
IncogSkiSno, I think that most (if not all) schools are having the same 1/2 term and Easter hols next year.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
http://www.education.gouv.fr/bo/2006/25/MENE0601389A.htm
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
IncogSkiSno, The article says that most UK schools should be the same next year. The dates are probably most useful to those without kids who wish to avoid the busy periods, anyone with kids in school (which sadly still includes me) will need to check their specifics anyway.

Smile
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, looking at that french document. It seems that the French schools split up on the 3rd July this summer. I thought there school summer holidays didnt start till August.

I'll be in the Alps in the last week of July. I imagine that will be rather busy. I thought their holidays started on the first week of August.

I have to go skiing in school holidays unfortunatly and we go away at christmas. So doesn't really affect, but thanks anyway Axsman.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
For the first time, I'm looking at which weeks to avoid! Smile
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
These are right for Sussex - which has a recent history of doing things a bit differently.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The best site, IMHO, for pan-European information this season, was the website for the Resort That Cannot Be Named. No, not Resort X, the other one.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Axsman, Those dates are the same for us next year. It's going to be expensive for families going away in the Feb week Sad

snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sage wrote:
It's going to be expensive for families going away in the Feb week Sad snowHead

Feb half term is the same everywhere (that I've checked) in the UK.

But I'm not telling where we'll be going!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher wrote:
Helen Beaumont, looking at that french document. It seems that the French schools split up on the 3rd July this summer. I thought there school summer holidays didnt start till August.

I'll be in the Alps in the last week of July. I imagine that will be rather busy. I thought their holidays started on the first week of August.

I have to go skiing in school holidays unfortunatly and we go away at christmas. So doesn't really affect, but thanks anyway Axsman.

No ,French schools have all of July and August off, it is the rest of France, i.e. the adults that take August off. Last week of July will indeed be busy.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Helen Beaumont wrote:
http://www.education.gouv.fr/bo/2006/25/MENE0601389A.htm

looks like half term will be shared with that lot from the friendly village of paris Sad
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:
looks like half term will be shared with that lot from the friendly village of paris

I can't think why anyone would choose to go to a French resort that week in 2009 if they had any choice of destination. Surely there must be less hideously crowded options in one of the other alpine countries?
snow report
pam w, such as A U S T R I A Laughing
ski holidays
Axsman, is it not also Fasching?
snow report
Helen Beaumont, Is that Austrian Half Term? dunno, but Ischgl at Easter this year was WAAAAY less busy than Meribel at Easter last year snowHead
latest report
Helen Beaumont, I'm hoping it's not as I've booked for Zermatt that week. I suspect it isn't as the highest prices for accommodation with Interhome in Zermatt who I booked the apartment with are the following week.
ski holidays
Fasching is the 22nd Feb onwards.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy