Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Wish List

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wot no Davos !!!!

I do not understand the urge to ski Passo Tonale either, although a weekend would suffice.

Why no Milky Way resorts - Sauze, Sestriere, Montgenevre ?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Latchigo, Well only because Ive been there already. Been to Montgenevre twice love the place and will return. The list is compiled of places I havent visted YET.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Rossfra8 wrote:
Bones, Revelstoke was good, but not that good------yet!! Kicking Horse has good terrain but the gondola is bloody annoying-only way to get to top!

How many ways do you need?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
gortonator, He has a point, some of the best bits entail going all the way down to the bottom again after a relatively short pitch. A mid-station on the gondola. or a chair from the bottom of crystal bowl to cpr ridge would help - but would also kill the powder faster I suspect.

I have only spent a day there a few years back - but I cannot help feeling the lifts are not quite right yet. I was way more impressed with the layout in Fernie. Hope to hit Revelstoke soon.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stoatsbrother wrote:
gortonator, He has a point, some of the best bits entail going all the way down to the bottom again after a relatively short pitch. A mid-station on the gondola. or a chair from the bottom of crystal bowl to cpr ridge would help - but would also kill the powder faster I suspect.

Until KH gets inundated with people and the gondola becomes bottleneck, I suspect powder preservation will take preference. I hope so ...

I think I did see plans for more lifts once, but memory is foggy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In Europe:

Selva (Scenery)
Cham (Reputation)
St Anton (Snow)
Megeve (Tradition)

In N. America

Aspen
Tahoe
Whistler
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Christopher,

Interesting to see Cauterets in your line up, this is where I learned to ski many years ago, went there 4 times with the school and thought the place was absolutely amazing, as I had never experienced anything different.

About 5 years ago I went to a school reunion and 4 of the original gang (me included) decided to go there for a long weekend (thought it would be my best chance ever to show off my mediocre skiing skills) . How things have changed, but unfortunately not in Cauterets, the place is very French, quaint and a very nice Spa town. But a must on your list isn't.

We had a bl00dy good weekend though and 2 of the gang hadn't skied for over 30 years, it gave them the kickstart they needed and they have skied since.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cauteret must probably wouldnt be on most peoples wish list. Went there last summer and like the atmosphere of the traditional french spa town. The ski area is average, but for a weekend it is somewhere I'd like to go to.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoatsbrother wrote:

I have only spent a day there a few years back - but I cannot help feeling the lifts are not quite right yet. I was way more impressed with the layout in Fernie. Hope to hit Revelstoke soon.

I spent two winters at Kicking Horse (the 2nd & 3rd of it's operational life) and if I had to ski one resort (from the ones I've been to so far) for the rest of my life then Kicking Horse would be it.

Here are my thoughts, observations and a few facts.

There is a chair from the bottom of Crystal Bowl. While the face does get hit quicker, it provides access to even more terrain.

Some of the best bits are below Crystal Bowl. You just have to know where to look and be comfortable in steeper trees Wink

I will take the possible wait and a one shot deal to pretty much the top of KH over the 'snakes & ladders' of Fernie any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

A mate that I lived with in Golden went to Revelstoke this winter.

He loved it, but felt that it's long and narrow at the moment. The potential is enormous though.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mike Pow, That is interesting. I know the chair you mean, but it does leave two of the three main inbounds ridges (? - correct me if I am wrong) only accessible via the Gondola. I was suggesting one going up to the left to CPR ridge. Sounds -as usual - like local knowledge is the key to getting the most out of it. I love trees - and will definitely be back.
I would like to do a road trip to there and revelstoke soon.

Interesting question perhaps? How awkward does a lift system have to be to keep powder intact?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoatsbrother wrote:
Mike Pow, That is interesting. I know the chair you mean, but it does leave two of the three main inbounds ridges (? - correct me if I am wrong) only accessible via the Gondola.

Yes it does. But in the two winters I was there the gondola was only shut for an extended period once due to wind, avvy danger or too much snow. It stopped running for 3 days, but it was worth the wait Wink

And longest I had to wait was 30mins. Most of the time it was click out and walk on.

Quote:
I was suggesting one going up to the left to CPR ridge.

No chair going up to Terminator Peak (T1) looker's left as you go up the Gondola but you can boot pack up the ridge line and drop the first gully (I think it's called 'Glory') back into 'Bowl Over' or go round the back and drop Super Ridge or continue heading out to T2, T3 and T4 snowHead

I posted a number of pics re: the Kicking Horse Slackcountry on adrenalintrip forum but it's down at the moment. May have posted the link in another KH thread on here.

Quote:
Sounds -as usual - like local knowledge is the key to getting the most out of it. I love trees - and will definitely be back.
I would like to do a road trip to there and revelstoke soon.

Always the way at every hill.

Quote:
Interesting question perhaps? How awkward does a lift system have to be to keep powder intact?

Think accessibility of the actual resort and proximity to large population base plays more of a role.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Christopher wrote:
. There are certain resorts which have specific pistes I want to attempt like the Hannenkahm in Ktzbuhel, Tunnel in Alpe d'Huez, face in Val d'Isere.

Much of the Hannenkahm is not a piste - you need to be told where it is (especially the very steep start). It is a very low resort with poor snow record and few challenges other than those non-piste steep bits of the Hannenkahm. Would suit intermediates wanting a scenic resort with a nice, mediaeval centre, though.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Christopher wrote:
A list compiled of all the resorts I want to ski in my lifetime. It will most probably change over time as my ability changes.

Serre Chevalier I would add Keystone and Breckenridge,and went to Wengen this year,very poor snow conditions so i would give it a miss.
Zermatt/Cervinia
Val d'Isere
Courchevel
Alpe d'Huez
Val Gardena/Selva
Arraba
La Rosiere/La Thuile
Mayrhofen/Hintertux
Maddona di Campligio
Super Barages/La Mongie
Grindewald/Wengen
Chamonix
Whistler
Copper Mountain
Aspen Snowmass
La Plagne/Les Arcs
St.Moritz
Ischgl
St. Anton

Courmayeur (weekend)
Valloire/Velmienier (weekend)
Cauterets (weekend)
Isola 2000 (weekend)
Pila (weekend)
Risoul/Vars (weekend)
Passo di Tonale (weekend)
Bormio (weekend)
Bardoneccia (weekend)
Pas de le Casa/Soldeu (weekend)
Saas Fe (weekend)
Kitzbuhel (weekend)
Solden (weekend)
Obergurgl/Hochgurgle (weekend)
Schladming (weekend)

Any you would add? and you would definatly not go to? Are there resorts that you think are only worth a weekend or a whole week?

apologies for spelling mistakes.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy