Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport from Chamonix late season, early morning

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Having decided to finish the season with three days in Chamonix with some friends and a helicopter, I need to get back on Tuesday 6th May from Chamonix for a very early (0630) flight from Geneva back to London. Any locals have any suggestions? Don't think the transfer companies will still be operating then, and I think it's too early for trains etc so if anyone knows of a local taxi service it would be much appreciated
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Someone nicked your car?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We used www.transfer-intelligence.com this year and were happy with the service. Can't you get the helicopter to drop you off? Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Helicopter? Chamonix? Are you Valéry Giscard d'Estaing?

(Edited to get the correct President)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BGA, One of these
http://www.chamonet.com/listings/Chamonix/Airport-Transfers/9/ALL/ALL/ALL
should be able to help.

What David Murdoch, was referring to (i think) is that heli skiing is strictly baned in France following an incident involving the president and Mt Buet, however a helicopter will pick you up at the side of the road just passed Vallorcine on the Swiss side of the boarder.
The controversy re heli skiing still rages, there are still hundreds if not thousands of heli flights in the valley supporting the green alternative, suppling the beer, food and fuel to huts for the "non heli" skiers etc, not to mention ones used for construction.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BGA, keep the chopper for an extra day.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Helicopter? Chamonix? Are you Valéry Giscard d'Estaing?

No, but oddly enough I used to have a share in a light aircraft with the son of one of his cousins. The trip involves staying in Chamonix and the helicopter trips are from Italy.

Tempting to go with the heli transfer but think car/bus may be easier on the pocket, thanks for the two links will try and get something sorted
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BGA,

How funny. D'you think the heli skiing will be OK? Seems a little late to me...where are you planning on taking off from/skiing?

...To be a little more helpful we are fans of www.alpybus.com and www.chamonixshuttles.com.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BGA, and even though you are quite "late season" the Grands Montets are still open so some of the transfer coy's may still be operating.

We have used Taxi Beton and Taxi Jim before to good effect...
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Try www.a-t-s.net
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Why not take www.chamexpress.com back the evening before and stay in accommodation in Geneva that night (or like we did, walk around Geneva for a couple of hours and then bed down in the airport for several hours Sad ).
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We used http://www.chamonix-valley-transfers.com as they did all the ringing around for us
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Holy old thread resurection batman!!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy