Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

HELP just got sabbatical -ski instructor training or something similar!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi All

I'm new here but love snow, skiing etc. Anyway, I have a small problem. I've just got 4 months off from work starting at the end of January. I've always wanted to do a ski season and gain skills while I did it ie get an instructor qualification or take an advanced skiing level course (I have 20-25 weeks under my belt at the moment) rather than go and work a full time job where i see nothing much. As its the first week in Dec I'm coming to this a bit late and also a lot of the longer courses seem to be starting at the beginning of January.

As I'm in my early 30's I'm fairly grounded in my job and really want to use this opportunity while I have it as it may be a long time in coming around again!

Can anyone offer any suggestions/ advice? If I can I would like to stay in Europe.

One final thing I've checked before but do any hospitals near the slopes take on staff part time during the increased 'business' of the ski season? I'm a radiographer by the way.

CC

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Tue 7-12-04 12:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowHeads, CC! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
CC, welome - have a look at WWW.basi.org.uk - British is best !
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
CC, could you get away on 22nd January?

http://forums.epicski.com/announcement.php?f=14
http://skiing.wtfh.com/Epic/ESA05.htm

If you're a good enough skier, you can do PSIA level 1 at the end of it. (That's after 4 days, so it is dependent on your ability)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CC, my son took himself off to the US after graduating and got a job in a Ski Resort - Sunday River working for Ski Company of America. It was a bit of a hassle, after getting the job he had to go to Canada to get a qualifying visa from the US embassy. They would not issue one if you're already in the country. He was trained as a ski and snowboard instructor, PSIA and AASI and worked for them for 3 seasons. You can get employment details from any US resort website, might be worth a punt. I think the alternative is the WarreN Smith/BASI approach which looks expensive to me.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the welcome!

I have just recieved the BASI brochure but as i'm not free till the 20th Jan I'm missing the GAP courses so I'd have to find 70 hours of affiliate ski school tutoring/shadowing somewhere. Not too easy with 7 weeks to go Sad . But am trying all things!!

CC
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
This mayt be of interest

http://www.international-academy.com/skiboard/resorts/crans_montana/montana.htm

although the "dates and prices" don;t mention Crans-Montana, and the courses all seem to start Jan 10th
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CC,
As per my comments above, also take a look here...
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1819&highlight=
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
CC Have you tried contacting any French Ski Schools directly. The deputy Director of the ESF in La Rosiere, Simon Atkinson is English and a really nice guy. You can contact him on 0033 4 79 06 81 26.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all you help guys! Am checking it all out at the moment.

CC
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi CC

You could see if New Generation in Courcheval would fit you into their BASI gap program and you could then do the BASI 3 at the end of your time there. You may already have done this already but you could see if the ski club in Kilternan were running any dry slope qualifications. February is a very busy time in Austria and if you didn't mind working with kids/teenagers, you might get something in one of the ski schoolds e.g. Snow and Fun in Hinterglemm with this. What about looking for some work in Geneva, Munich or even Bourg St M. Bit of a long shot but you could fit in more skiing at the weekends? Alternatively you could try the Ski Club of GB and do some guiding?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
CC, how did you get on in the same postion looking for jobs as radiographer on the slopes to fund the fun.

let me know how its going reply

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 1-05-07 18:51; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
callandchat, welcome to snowHeads snowHead .

You may have a long wait for an answer, CC, hasn't posted since Jan 05 Confused

It would probably be best to edit out your email address and ask for a "private message" instead.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ooh. A GAP course sounds ideal Razz
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

I have a small problem. I've just got 4 months off from work

doesnt sound like a problem but rather an opportunity snowHead Laughing wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy