Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

SuperFeet very super indeed

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've suffered cramp across arch for long time (28 years at least, thankfully only when skiing Smile ). Best solution previously was Conformable/SIDAS with heel stabilisers and all sorts of bits added on. But that was 12 years and three pairs of insoles/boots ago.

So, having run lots this and last summer, I find myself in considerable pain this previous weekend and on Friday last.

On recommendation I wander into Jean Sports in Val D'Isere where chum says Didier is the man to talk to. He and his mate look at my feet, discuss areas of pain, remove existing insole and swoon gallically in disgust at the state it's in (my insole, not my feet or socks!)

Anyway, their theory is that I have a high arch and as SIDAS are moulded as you stand on them, your arch collapses and you get molded in the wrong place - unless your boot tech is really good and then builds up the support (as my very old prior ones had been). My existing ones had been overheated, mis-molded and in a bit of a mess. No marks to Mr Bootfitter there then.

Anyway, Superfeet work in a similar fashion except that they're vacuum molded while you dangle your feet in relaxed position from high chair (I think the product name is Kork-Vac).

Two quick trips back for fine tuning and I have the most comfy boots ever. Quite extraordinary and saving me lots of money about to be spent going the injected liner route - which I don't think is now necessary.

Top marks to Didier and colleague.

Anyone had similar experience?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Excellent that you got sorted out but they misinformed you a bit in my opinion. Sidas can be fitted with DD stabiliser blocks under the arches to deal with that problem which they ought to have known. I walked out the last place that didn't know this.

Your arch probably isn't really very high either, you'd have problems walking if it were very high, unless you don't walk anywhere of course Very Happy If it is high then you'd get pain walking up hills or distances on the flat and you'd need support for that as well.

The whole moulded footbed thing is pretty poor for serious foot problems, the shape of the foot and where you actually need support aren't quite the same thing. For most people it's not a big deal though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ise, Sorry, my inclarity,
Quote:

then builds up the support
is my poor rendition of your DD comment; and was what had been done on my first ever pair of Sidas. Sadly not any pair since!

Didier & co did know that, so no marks taken back! but their feeling was that Superfeet did a better job of support than adding the DD blocks to Sidas.

And you're right that I prob don't have a very high arch, just high enough that my last boot fitter didn't get it right.

You'd think I'd know more about this by now...

PS neat blog!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy