Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This'll make you sick,

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
but I'm thinking of applying to be a mountain doctor in New Zealand. Has anyone got any experience of skiing in New Zealand, or of being a doctor in a ski resort?

All advice gratefully received.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 5-12-04 20:39; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Avoid spelling mistakes in your application !? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What spelling mistakes? Puzzled
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
received !
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
"Recieved" should be "received"

Remember the old rule:

Quote:
'i' before 'e' except after 'c', except for all the cases when it isn't

And 'yes' we are jealous! snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Perhaps Ian H is thinking of "Waiorau" or "Whakapapa". snowHead
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
There's something fishy going on here.

I edited my post after the first reply pointed out my mistake. When I return, hey presto, the same mistake is still there.

Anyway, back to the original post, any advice?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Kramer, a friend of mine spent several seasons as an instructor in New Zealand some years ago. I'd be happy to ask him about the skiing if you can indicate which aspects you're interested in.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Which are the good resorts in New Zealand? Is the skiing good? How far from civilisation are they? When is the ski season? I know absolutely nothing about southern hemisphere skiing, so any information will be gratefully received.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
OK, I'll get back to you Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I know absolutely nothing about the skiing in New Zealand but.........
A very good friend of mine spent a long touring holiday there;and gave me the following useful information.
There are a lot of sheep!
Everyone goes to bed by 9.00pm!
It has a temperate climate.He described it as "like being in Cornwall,but without the people"!
There are few roads,and even fewer cars!
The 'locals' can be a bit stand offish(?)Many,apparently,wonder why you came in the first place.
They hate Australians,or any suggestion they are like Ozzie's!!
Billy Connolly regularly tours there??
There are an awful lot of sheep!!!

I should add he only visited North Island.Might have a slightly biased view wink
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I skied one day at Coronet Peak (so hardly have "extensive knowledge"!!). Queenstown is a great base for winter...there's skiing available and numerous other extreme sports that are likely to keep a doctor busy wink

I went in Sept (the end of the season) and the snow wasn't great, but was okay. The resort itself isn't particularly extensive, but I've heard that there's a lot of off piste available when the snow conditions are good.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kramer, a good friend of mine (was med student then, now a doc) did his elective being a pisteur, then a doc in queenstown / wanaka. If you would like, I could ask him if he'd mind you emailing him, if that's of any use?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
tough crowd, thanks for the kind offer, but I'll pass for now. Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Kramer sorry, didn't see your post earlier.

Myself & Mr Manda are ex-pat Kiwis. He skiied South Island, I skiied the North. Despite moosepig's gentlemanly protestations, I have already bored him silly about NZ skiing
here. However he is holidaying, as opposed to working/living there, so perhaps you need different info? Be warned that if you do ask me questions BE SPECIFIC, or I will bore you too with endless (and probably irrelevant) info.....

BTW I trust you already understand much about NZ's medical industry? Shocked
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy