Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alpe d'Huez, Royal Ours Blanc - Anyone been?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi
Thinking of maybe La Plagne or Alpe d'Huez next season. Looking at reviews of Royal Ours Blanc (A d'H) which meets our main criteria (close childcare, close to slopes, pool). However the reviews on Tripadvisor are mainly terrible while there are 2 out of 2 excellent ones on holiday watchdog. Help...anyone been and can advise? Thanks, H.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
HH, I was there about 5 or 6 weeks ago, not planned it that way but the brand new chalet we were due to be staying in wasn't ready and we got shunted across to the Royal Ours Blanc instead (both owned by the same company).

Very nice was our groups verdict, good enough to seriously consider for the following years trip too - except that we couldn't afford it! At the time the rooms looked to have been recently re-furbed, bathrooms were very swish (all granite and marbe finish), the boot room was great (fisrt time I'd seen 'hedgehog' boot racks which gently blow warm air into your boots), and the health club/spa downstairs was very nice - the pool as warm as your bath became a regular early evening favourite amont us.

Needless to say, prices at the bar and restaurant were high.

We had a great time there, but do remember my memories are from 5-odd years ago.

P.S. I don't trust Tripadvisor much; any reviews by US people need to be taken with a large amount of suspicion; it always stikes me that they want someone to anticipate their every need and then to pay bottom dollar for it. Essentially a bunch of unreasonable gits Evil or Very Mad .
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
A bit confused...were you there 5/6 weeks ago or years? You mention both in the review. Thanks. rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've nerver been to the Royal Ours Blanc but ADH mas my first ski holiday about 16years ago. Stayed in the Horizons d'Huez apartments.
Not much help I know, sorry Little Angel
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We did actually go to ADH in Feb. Great range of runs but we found it quite icy. My sister wants to go there as she's only just learned and she wants all those central Greens!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
went there last year , the skiing is good for families and little ones , however
we wne toi scheffaue this year and that was much better for the kids, and there was plenty of skiing
around for the adults too

in alp dhuez dont forget the Sarenne ( although the last bit is bit lumpy )
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gazza2, have you been doing the Sarenne backwards or what?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Stayed at Ours Blanc last year, boys week. We really enjoyed it. Rooms were good but we somehow upgraded to platinum. Epic evening meals and it was good to use the Sauna and Pool. It is 4 star rather than 5 star. I shared your concerns about the reports on Trip Adviser, however having seen reports on other hotels I have stayed in on TA I have concluded that you are more likely to report after a bad experience than a good one, and some people i.m.o. have unrealistic expectations.

One tip for Hors Blanc is to walk 100m down the hill and get the chair up from the car park. They also run a mini bus to the DMC.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks. Feel a bit more confident to book now! Very Happy
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
HH wrote:
Hi
A bit confused...were you there 5/6 weeks ago or years? You mention both in the review. Thanks. rolling eyes

Years.

Sorry about the typo.

As I said, I liked the place but it may have changed a fair bit since I was there.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
HH, We have just got back from Alpe d'Huez and we had a great time. Not sure about your hotel as we had a catered chalet. I would suggest that there is enough variety on the piste to keep everyone happy. The high runs down from Pic Blanc were icey, mainly I think due to the strong winds blowing the fresh stuff off. Mentioning strong winds, the gondolas and cable car were closed quite a bit and it took us 3 days to get to Pic Blanc but having said that there was plenty of other areas to keep us busy. With an all area pass you can ski for 2 days in Les Deux Alps, 30 euros on the bus or 60 euros by helicopter from the altiport. Well worth a visit in my opinion even if the beer was a tad dear.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We were in ADH last year, and I won't be rushing back. That's not meant to be as harsh as it sounds, just that I found it a bit sprawling once you get out of the central bowl. Lots of people seemed quite happy in the bowl, which made it fairly busy, but going further out took a while, and getting back to meet the kids from ski school was always a rush, too many lifts required to get around. I got the impression (could be wrong, just a feeling) that the resort hasn't had the investment that others have in recent years. Saying that, the 3 man chair over the valley to , is like a roller coaster view (not the sensation of falling!), just a great view, just don't look down!

And 'lumpy Sarenne at the bottom', we had 'rocky Sarenne at the bottom', skis off and walk!!! The rest of it was lovely though Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy