Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My SZK fitted right boot was agony........

Poster: A snowHead
Perhaps this could be a "Bizzare moments in skiing" thread.

So there we were in La Rosiere, perfect snow in the perfect resort. The first morning and I was slipping my ugly feet into my wonderful Nordica Speedmachine 8's. The chalet had boot warmers and I was expecting the usual all enveloping snugness of my free-range custom made footbeds and organic hand-reared liners. All of this warmth magnified by the blissful memory of SMALLZOOKEEPER with his head bowed before me, and the touch of those magic hands.

As expected the left foot slipped in perfectly, like that first coupling of Adam and Eve. The right foot however was different, more of a drunken 1am knee trembler up some rubbish strewn Middlesbrough back alley. After much stretching and pushing it went in, but I could not fasten the top clips. I thought things would improve as I made my way to the slopes. Well they didn't and I could only fasten the top clip as fastening clip 2 was like being clamped in a torture device (much like the original fitting Toofy Grin ). Even this top clip had to be undone one the lifts. Lunchtime saw me take the boot of, inspect everything. I could find nothing wrong and skied on.

The pain was that bad I even got someone to inspect my feet and ankles to make sure that the right one had not swollen dramtically. A few post ski beers and all was forgotten but the next morning I had the same problems. I had hired some fatter skis due to all the lovely fresh snow and was skiing quite well so was not too peturbed. The Tuesday morning was the best skiing I have ever experienced but when we stopped for lunch the relief at getting the boot off was huge. I thought to myself "something is wrong, lets take the footbed and the liner out."

I took out the footbed and then the liner, examined the footbed - All fine, examined the shell - all fine, looked in the liner Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
A feckin' bottle of contact lense solution was staring me in the face!!!

Somehow in the cleaning process after my last holiday in early February, whilst taking out the footbeds and liners to clean and spray them, the bottle must have fallen in the liner and I had put the footbed back in on top of it, right under the heel.

The bliss of feeling the boot smother me as usual was just wondeful.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
You skied for a day and a half with a bottle of contact lens solution in your boot? Priceless! Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing

i've heard loads of stories like this but that is brilliant
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
rob@rar, yup, trapped between the footbed and liner Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Makes my hairclip pale into insignificance... rolling eyes twit Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Michelle wrote:
. rolling eyes twit Laughing

That's being generous Wink
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CEM, 8 weeks skiing on from the bootfitting day, and I am still grateful every morning and evening (whilst skiing wink ) for the wonderful job that you guys did at Lockwoods that day. The best money I have EVER spent (apart from the wedding ring of course).
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Frosty the Snowman, You Daft Wazzack! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing Laughing rolling eyes you wally!

BTW just how big was the bottle ?
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rob@rar, this is a family forum wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I didnt know SZK wears contact lenses
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shocked I've no idea how you could have got your foot in the boot - never mind ski it!!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
IncogSkiSno, It was the clener rather than the rinser. About 6 cm x 10cm x.................. 2cm Shocked
Hard plastic, unopened.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Mosha Marc, 125kg
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, feck !!! Shocked Shocked Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, I got a huge blister on the sole of my foot whilst skiing in March. When I checked out the liner, I had a hair bobble in my boot. I'd been wearing them for 2 days and hadn't felt it at all.
snow conditions
I got similar sympathy from my family and friends rolling eyes
ski holidays
If SZK reads this, he'll have you in shells half a size smaller next time, as there's obviously too much spare volume in your current pair. wink
ski holidays
For everything else there is Mastercard ... but for Frosty the Snowman, ? - Priceless..
snow report
Agenterre, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, rolling eyes Laughing
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, ROTFLMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, just too funny Laughing Laughing
latest report
OMG that is such a great story. Worth an award?
latest report
Quality Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mouth, yeah - he can buy the first round at the EoSB wink
snow conditions
Hadn't you missed the bottle of contact lens solution at the time? That is a huge lump to have carried in you boot all that time - you deserved to be crippled. What a plonker Laughing
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, try wearing your lenses next time you sort out your boots! Laughing
ski holidays
Megamum wrote:
That is a huge lump to have carried in your boot all that time

Yes and the contact lens bottle to Toofy Grin
snow report
In the same vein, a long time ago I took a pair of ski boots to S&R in High St Ken to have a clip moved a bit. I picked them up, tried them on and started moaning about how they were hopelessly uncomfortable, they'd been really comfy when I took them in, what were they going to do about it, blah, blah, moan, moan. The fitter's reply was succint (and worse, Australian), "Mate, you've got 'em on the wrong feet.". Which I had.
snow conditions
richmond, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
richmond, LMAO Laughing
latest report
laundryman wrote:
Frosty the Snowman, try wearing your lenses next time you sort out your boots! Laughing

He had them in but they were dirty because he couldn't find his cleaning solution... Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, How on earth did you get them on? I can feel a fag paper under my foot, but then I do have sensitive feet, so CEM says anyway.
ski holidays
Spyderman wrote:
I can feel a fag paper under my foot

so could I - if it were lit. wink
snow report
Spyderman, Thats gay decorators for ya!!!!
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing Laughing best tale in a looooooong time. snowHead 9.6
You get some points too, richmond Shocked Laughing 8.7
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy