Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

resort with easy red runs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
mmmh... can't agree with Saalbach, we found the reds to be on the upper end of the red scale, little easier at the Hinterglemm end, but poor snow conditions can force you up high and steep!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sharon1953,

Really..? can only just recall wide open runs...may be steep in places but so wide anyway.

Apart from it being a nice resort and having a good time, I can hardy picture any memorable runs. All too samey, I think.
And they encourage long cruising as they have the 'circuit'...

Never went back for those reasons so I have it marked as a cruisers paradise..!!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
JT, but if the runs are steep in places, and you have poor snow conditions, as is often the case in lower Austrian resorts like Saalbach, ice or churned up snow can make for a difficult descent! My hubby and our sons skied 7 days there, and never did the same run twice...they thought the resort had more variety and runs than many resorts they had skied, so two very different opinions. But I found the reds too difficult, no matter how wide they were, even some of the blues were more like reds in other resorts I have been to.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi Fizz
Chamrousse has the easiest reds I've ever been down, they would be blue anywhee else and no crowds, so all the room in the world to make those turns.
If you have a red block, try Banff/Lake Louise, they dont have red runs there, only green,blue,and single and double diamond blacks. (Someone told me that the Canadians think red -colour of blood- is unlucky. Smile
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sharon1953 sums it up very well. Another factor is the 'class' of the resort as an expensive resort will sometimes grade runs harder than they really are so that well-heeled skiers can go home and say they've done a 'black' when the slope really only merits a red grading.

Actually, there's no such thing as an 'easy red', just a blue that's been mis-labelled!!! wink
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fizz, Having resolutely said I was sticking to greens and blues forever, had lessons in Norway that were intended for injured husband so had three days of 2 hour lessons. On day 3 instructor said I was going to do a red after we'd warmed up on blues. I declined but none the less found myself looking down the expected precipice to discover it wasn't as bad as expected and I got down without a problem. Similar in Radstadt - booked a two hour lesson as never skied in Austria before and again was 'encouraged' on to a red - no problem. Then scared myself on another one in Fageralm the next day, but recovered confidence in Altenmarkt after Flangesax and his wife said the red I needed to take was at most pink and they would draw over the red in blue to stop me fretting!
So I think there is loads of good advice above, and I have been more scared on some blues than on all but one of my tiny selection of reds Shocked and I have found as with climbing that as sharon1953, says it depends on what you like most/least - I will climb harder routes if hold are good even if moves are harder than if moves are easier but I am relying on less good holds.
Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy