Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhofen

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We will be going to Mayrhofen in May and will be skiing on the Hintertux. Can anyone recommend a good hire shop for us to get our skis that time of year?

Also could anyone give us all the info we need to know on skiing the Hintertux this time of year. I have located the bus timetable to get us from Mayrhofen to the hintertux and i understand that it is open everyday 8-4 ish with approx 18km of pistes. What types of runs are there on the glacier blue/red/black??

Any information greatly recieved.

Thx
Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sparkygirl,
There is a nasty little red from the top of the gondola down but any resonable skier should be able to manage it. Skiing is a few reds a black and a few blues normally finishes up about 2ish but depending on the weather you could get a longer day! The weather can be a pain in the ass up there but its the same everwhere above 3000 mtrs

Glacier is a good bet though and you could get anything from ice to powder back to the weather here. Enjoy it

Probably best to rent in Tux so you dont have to lug everything daily dont know the names of them sorry Sad.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hintertux is the most windy place I have been for +3000m galciers.

This may mean the powder may have been blown away locally and you get ice instead at some locations. I ran into it in Jan 08.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
For rents there is Sports Nenner shop in Hintertux right at the entrance to the gondola with a good choice of skis (generally on-piste "flavored"). They have shops up on the slopes too where you can keep yr equipment. As you will be coming by bus that's the most convenient option.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy