Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl or Solden?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone been to both? Which is best for a low intermediate boarder? We'll be going late season, so assume the lower runs will be shut. Thanks snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bump.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
the ice perv, never been to either, but you may want to go to the one with the highest altitude boarding, or the biggest party town which I presume is Ischgl. check out the Resorts section maybe??
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
the ice perv, for a balanced view I am not your man as I've never been to Solden, but we got back from Ischgl a couple of weeks ago (22nd- 29th Feb). While some of Austria seemed to be struggling for snow Ischgl was still faring well - all the main slopes are up above 2000m and there are enough different faces and bowls that if one area is icy there's softer conditions to be found elsewhere.

Also good from a boarder's perspective - very little flat stuff, loads of wide cruisy blues and reds (especially above Alp Trida) and - perhaps best of all - no need to take any drags ever if you don't want to. The lift system's fast and good.

Two nice long lines of rollers and kickers too if those are your bag, each jump offering two or three varieties of ferocity.

Plus more drinking than you could shake your lederhosen at, and dancing girls in the bars from 4pm.

Highly recommend it!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Got back from Ischgl on Saturday and boarders were very much in evidence and snow conditions were excellent. There is a fun park with plenty of jumps and rails and the lift system is excellent - I didn't take a drag all week. As usual the apres ski is amazing. I have been to Solden but it was a few years ago. From what I remember the snow was pretty good and there were a lot of boarders around. The apres ski is very good there too if not quite as mad as Ischgl. As a village its pretty ugly by Austrian standards but it is cheaper than Ischgl. Overall I'd choose Ischgl but you probably can't go wrong with either.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Ischgl rules for Apres so wins! Bring me beer.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hola!
I have been to Solden a couple of month ago, two weeks after new year´s eve. I was told by people that know the area prety well that Solden is the best because of the snow and apré-ski. So you´ll be right for both places for snowboarding it does depends onyour age or what you are looking for the apré ski. It´s the same in both places, but in Solden you find all ages. Make sure you get your B&B in the centre, where ever you go!!!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone. Not bothered too much about apres as this will be a day trip from somewhere else. Both sound good so I'll check the snow reports and make a last minute decision. Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just not St. Wolfgang... we ended up having a good time but we still feel cheated by Inghams for dumping us in a summer resort an hour from the slopes! NehNeh Have fun.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Corky is on the money. Would also add that solden has two glaciers so will definitely have snow.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've been to both and would take Ischgl above Solden based on the varied terrain available.

I've tried Ischgl in March/April for the last 3 years and the snow has been excellent every time.

The week I have just had (15-22 March) was absolutely brilliant - untracked powder nearly every day.
Hint - great off piste under the E2 chair - there is a bowl that gets filled up with wind blown snow. Waist deep pow!

I won't mention the apres as you won't be there for it. Although try at least 1 drink in the Schatzi bar.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have been to Solden and I really liked it. Would go there again!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy