Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rails: any tips?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
This is one of those things I never thought I'd ask! In Morzine while waiting for the ice to soften I spent a while in the park where I managed to start riding rails, by the end of the week I could 50-50 no problem and this got me thinking about doing other stuff so does anyone have any tips on turning the board at 90 degrees to the rail while not breaking my face? Unless I get a very very cheap i.e. £50 park board I'm not going to be detuning my edges though.

Also wall rides: how do you do them?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I wonder about this too. I've never yet had the guts to attempt a boardslide...

Wall-rides I am willing to try (I think?), but have yet to find somewhere where I could. If I manage anything it'll be next season but I'll be sure to share my thoughts (and pictures of the injuries!) Smile
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
on boardslides you really need to look at the end of the rail where you want to go and not at the board, knees bent and all that helps and slight slight heel pressure for the basic boardslide.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I tend to bottle it if I don't get my approach right. When I do, I just find looking at the end of the rail and then my landing point is the ebst option. If I catch an edge the fall's over before i know it anyway so i can't really do anything about the odd fall...
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You may find this useful:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=expertvillage&search_query=snowboard+boardslide
As some of the comments show, the style isn't necessarily the best but it gives you some good pointers

The whole lot of snowboard tips are here:
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=expertvillage&search_query=snowboard
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy